Adjustable rear brake pedal

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by therc30guy, Apr 18, 2014.

1. therc30guy

therc30guy New Member

I find the pedal too close to my foot on my 2010 vfr1200f. Sometimes I lightly step on brake when I don't mean to. Anyone know of an adjustable break lever for this bike? Or possibly a lever from another bike that fits. I don't want rear sets just a pedal I can adjust out of the way of my clunky ass boots.
    Thanks
    An yes, I love the VFR1200 as much as I loved my RC30. Crazy no?

2. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

The brake pedal height should be adjustable with this nut on the rear master cylinder push rod. You'll also need to readjust your rear brake light switch as well after you make your pedal height adjustment.

[​IMG]

3. therc30guy

therc30guy New Member

Hi StoshM. The rod is adjusted as far as it will go. Perhaps I can replace actuating rod with a longer one.

4. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

A longer push rod will just make the brake pedal come up closer to your boot. Hard to tell from the parts pic RC30guy but is the Red arrow in the pic below a nut? If so does it spin up higher onto the push rod or is it part of the push rod?

What we're trying to do here is to get the clevis (part 19 in the pic) to move up higher on the push rod,that then tips the front of the brake pedal down away from your boot.

[​IMG]

5. therc30guy

therc30guy New Member

Hi StoshM, yes you are right. A longer rod would move the pedal closer to my boot. I was thinking kind of backwards. I was able to get a little adjustment from the rod and nut. Not much, but perhaps enough to fix the problem.
    Thanks

6. therc30guy

therc30guy New Member

Looks like it's OK. I switched from my work boots to my Alpinstar boots and found that I ride with my foot in a different position with the race boots. More of a toe on the pegs ready to go position. With the work boots I am more flat footed. I never noticed before.
    The adjustment on the pedal was small but it seems to have done the job. Now the work boots clear the brake pedal enough so I don't accidentally brake while I'm accelerating.
    My life just gets better and better.

7. VFR joe

VFR joe New Member

I like this, and want to add this modification to my 2012. I don't have big feet, just that it seems the stock setting of the rear brake pedal may be "too easily" reached, I think.