Possible Racing Header Group Buy. (zorstech exhaust)

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Voided76, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    Andy at zorstech quoted me, 480 pounds sterling just the other week on a custom mandrel bent, 38mm primaries throughout.
    I provided them with pictures of how two brothers did their racing pipe, and zorstech is onboard with that as well.
    38mm straight primaries, is HRC's Spec for the RC45 header mind you. at 1.5m wall thickness, stainless steel, unpolished, with the option to bring it to high gloss like the cans and the midpipe. I frankly told them I didn't want any fancy todo's on my header because it's just gonna turn gold and purple and get dirt and sand thrown all over it from camp lejeunes every other day storms and the beach next door so it might save some bucks to leave the polish off. I would already have this 800 dollar header coming to me, save that I can't buy a header if they can't fabricate one onto a VFR. and they're in england. I need to find someone in england to buy this header with me, so they can build one up, get their specs, and jigs right, and build me one as well.

I've done all the homework, well actually. CandyRedRC46 has done all the homework, I just pimped the info to enough exhaust gurus that one bit in a most reasonable fashion. Now all I, and WE, the speed seeking Viffers need someone in the kingdom to kick this off for us. if we get a group buy together, it could be remarkably Less than 480 pounds as well. I just haven't discussed that particular caveat with them. I intend to, this is just a feeler.

http://www.zorstecexhaustsolutions.co.uk/

2. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    OK!

So you can throw up 2 solid pages of bullcrap flames about SOW's mods, or if he's dropped his bike today, or if he scratched his ass going to the fridge every time he posts, but no one wants an honest to god header for their bike? Idunno about you guys, but I read about candyred's exploits, and I've ordered my RB2, I've ordered my R6 intake stacks, I've torn out all My smog equipment, I've got MY pipercross on order, but hey. at least you'll know how handy those frame sliders are. >_>

heh. if this pokes you in the ribs a little bit, if you're sick and goddamn tired of getting outran after 1st gear by 600r's? Maaaaybe? pretty please?

3. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    38mm is pretty big, unless your engine is race kitted (high compression, huge cams, ported heads and huge throttle bodies).
    I would stick with 35mm like the 2 bros header.

4. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    Yours goes 36 in the bends so thats what I would counter zorstec with. But we gotta get there first. Its pipe dreams til I secure a fitment bike

5. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    looks like pipercross is one of the few mods that actually work, that and a 2 bos single exhaust can is about the best. Anything else is expensive and may not work.

6. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    Because we all know that louder = faster :hangme:

7. thegreatnobody

thegreatnobody New Member

Map
    Because Harleys.

8. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    Can we please cut the shit?
    This is a very specific thread, with a very specific intent. Let's keep it that way.

SOW: Just because I mentioned you, it doesn't mean this is your soapbox for pipercross... or your half an exhaust.
    thegreatnobody/y2kviffer C'mon. it's not even his thread. just leave it be...

9. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    I wish you luck in your quest, but there just aren't that many guys here "rodding" their viffers. Most are happy with "simple" bolt ons such as a muffler, power commander, seats, and such. If you are into reading old posts, look up norcalboy. He did about everything you can do to a VFR engine and included lots of pics.
    As for SOW...he's just the newest dumbass that comes along every so often that we can get a laugh out of. Apologies for the hijack...

10. thegreatnobody

Map
    But, I will vouch for aftermarket headers, really opens up some serious midrange power. I can keep pace with 600's from a dig all the way up. If I didn't already have a tb header, I would be interested. Good luck. Hope you get some interest.

11. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    You wanna come up off that 2bros header? 800 bucks! swear to god I'm good for it.

12. thegreatnobody

Map
    Header will be sold with bike.

13. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Lol

Well here's the thing,

number one, there actually are that many people that want to hot rod their Vfr. We just reached our 10 person goal for the new rapid bike racing group buy.

Number two I have found that these kind of threads don't do as well on vfrworld as they do on vfrdiscussion. Practically the only person to comment on my thread on vfrworld was SOW and he said that it was snake oil. But the thread took off on vfrdiscussion with 11 committed buyers.

Number three, while norcalboy did do a lot of work, he came up short in a few key areas. He settled on a motad header which I used to run that did nothing for power compared to my two brothers full system that gave me about 4 mph of trap speed. He never touched the throttle bodies which I have given a light porting and port matched to upgraded velocity stacks, which provided about 3 mph trap speed improvement. He never touched the ignition timing, this greatly improves the low and mid range torque, to counter any loss from the exhaust and velocity stacks. Lastly he never did a brake delink or front end swap(just upgraded the existing hardware), which sheds a lot of weight and drastically improves handing and braking abilities.

Now I don't want to sell NorCal boy short as he did a shit ton of engine work that I haven't even begun to do, but he did not do everything that can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Why don't you try contacting two brothers directly and seeing how many committed buyers they actually need??

15. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I have gotten quite a bit more power with these simple mods-2 bos carbon with the pipercross-more air is going in and out now-it Hits a 100 real fast now-before it took longer. The sound is also amazing with the now heavy breathing pipercross and then the 100db 2 bos can-it is broken in now and makes more sound then 98db-new. it sounds like a monster and goes much stronger-now adding tuning for say 91-it would really be fast. Maybe someone can go to a dyno and test out how much tuning does, I would bet its a lot. I am interested in tuning the bike ,but for now I am just going to ride it-I all ready spent a money of dough.:chaingun::boxing::eyebrows::joker: My Mr. Beer 2.5 gals is done-time to:cheersaf::bug:

16. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    You'll get some good midrange out of that set up with proper tuning, but not really much peak horse power. Probably just the same 100ish at the wheel as everyone else. It needs to be thought of as a complete package, and with that package that you are talking about, the factory header would be a major bottle neck.

17. jdmbird83

jdmbird83 New Member

United States
    Map
    I'd be down for a group buy. Although I'd prefer the 2Bros or Erion header, this actually sounds like a decent thing you've got started here. Count me in if it actually happens. I'd love to squeeze more sound/performance out of my viffer, and really would prefer not to have to take the Motad Route.

18. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Committed

1. Voided76
    2. Jdmbird83

Interested

19. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Time to get started on VFRDiscussion.com too....

20. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Pro tip:

The Motad is not and will never be a performance header. It's just a stainless factory 98/99 reproduction. No power. It's a little lighter and it sounds good. It's nothing worth writing home about. Also the fit is terrible and quality was not great.