Motocentric Saddlebag Deal

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by audioneurotica, Jul 15, 2014.

1. audioneurotica

audioneurotica New Member

United States
    Map
    For anyone looking for some soft luggage for your bike Motorcycle Superstore has the Motocentric sport saddlebags for $89.99 (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28911
    /i/motocentric-mototrek-sport-saddlebags) I bought a set and they seem quite well built and readily mountable to the VFR. I believe they are also being sold by them on ebay with free shipping for you folks that live in the lower 48. The bags actually seem identical to the Cortech sport saddlebags but without a side-by-side comparison you can't be positive but they sure seem identical. Good luck, William

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
  3. audioneurotica

audioneurotica New Member

United States
    Map
    Oops

Thanks Scubalong, I didn't realize that I had the wrong link in my initial post !

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    My pleasure :thumb:

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Thanks for the tip audioneurotica, and thanks for the working link Scubalong, just ordered some!

6. afinepoint

afinepoint New Member

Motocentric's Mototrek sport saddlebags are $80.00 on Motorcycle superstore now. The Touring are $90. I just replaced my Cortech (sport) saddlebags with the Mototrek. Same volume slightly different dimensions. FYI my Cortech tail bag attached to the new saddlebags without issue. I even left and reused the Cortech saddlebag anchors on the bike. Same clip system.

The Cortech (sport) rain covers also fit the Mototrek (sport) bags. So you guys with Cortech bags who need a cover you can see if Motocentric sells them separately. Last I checked Cortech covers were as rare as Unicorns.

7. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    I found that the Triumph soft bags I have from my Triumph Sprint RS worked well on my 6th Gen. I have yet to try them on my 5th, but I see no reason they won't work. They come with rain covers attached that fold into a pocket. They worked great in the rain two years ago. Everything was dry inside.

I guess this is really off topic tho.

Returning to OP

8. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Nice, thanks for sharing!
    Does anyone have any rack suggestions that would keep them off the dual exhaust on the '06?

9. afinepoint

afinepoint New Member

My Cortechs hugged the exhaust shields for tens of thousands of miles without issue. The Mototreks touch as well. I don't foresee any problems. The VFR pipes seem well shielded.

10. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    My Triumph bags were unaffected by my sixth gen exhaust, even through the Mojave and 109 degree temps. They were sitting directly on the exhaust. I rode from Southern California to Nashville Tn and it was hot the entire way there.

11. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I used a long piece of aluminum 'L' bar and bolted it to the license plate and it keeps the bags from touching the pipes. I'll see if I have a pic, if not maybe take one of what I have. It's cost about $3-$5 at Home Depot. Easy to install and remove if you use the right mounting hardware.

12. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I would be interested in a report on these motortrek after someone has used and had for a while on their durability and perhaps comparison to cortech. They look nice from the pictures and price is right. When this thread was started in July of 2014 they were about same price as now when thread revived. I have cortech tailbag and looking for saddlebags. These look really close to them. There have been some really nice used cortech saddlebags on ebay but about same price as these new. Report back later to those who own and give us a rundown if you do not mind.

13. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Gigem, although I have had these for a little while I have only used them twice, both times were on rides in the Sierra mountains and one was with a 2.5 hour ride in the rain. I used the rain covers and they seem to keep things dry and for the most part seem to be sturdy bags. These bags only get used when I do moto-camping trips and so far these kind of trips have been few and far between. Unfortunately with limited use I cannot attest to how they will hold up over time, I can say I am happy with the purchase as they have done a good job of fitting in what I usually pack on these type of trips. e.g. Small sleeping bag, camping stove, cookware/eating utensils, and misc. camping gear.

14. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    I made a 'thing'. I'll find the pic

15. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
  16. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Yah D, this is my fix. http://vfrworld.com/photos/data/879/back.gif

17. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Here's what I did...

Note that the black tape along the face of the bar is reflective, it shines white when light hits and reflects off of it. The little red reflector dots on the license plate holding the bar on the bike have wing nuts on the back side of the plate. Putting on or taking off the bar takes less than a minute. I also put a little rubber cushion on the ends of the bar to avoid damaging the bags.

IMG_1673-Modified.jpg

18. A.M

Thanks for sharing the pics. Gives me some idea. What kind of top rack do you have there?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

19. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I have a GIVI E55. Lots of space in it too. I can fit two full face helmets along with some small loose items, I.e. Gloves, safety vest, light wind breaker or hooded sweatshirt, no problem at all.

20. A.M

Wowie, that's a super amount of space for stuffs. Thanks for the info on it. I will eventually get a proper rack, so this gives me a starting point.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk