Fell over-must have been one of my slowest drops Yet!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by sunofwolf, Aug 19, 2014.

1. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I was making a turn and stalled it, your going to drop it if you stall in any turn. No damage at all-the gas tank was almost empty and I picked the bike up myself because it was in a bad spot in the road, I guess I get stronger if I am in deep shit. I need to figure out how to take some more weight off. I also joined a Health club to work out with weights, I am just too weak in my arms and wrist to push around 500+ pounds. It seems most of the time I drop it, I am trying out something I know isn't such a good idea. I got 6 drops now, broke a mirror ,foot peg feeler, one clutch lever-nothing too bad, my R+G sliders do get a work out,folding levers, clip-on sliders, steel luggage rack-protects muffler and rear plastic, both mirrors are adj to fold in. The gas gauge was blinking when I put the bike away, just a average screwed up ride, but no damage,so I got off Lucky! I think, I will get that DID 520 chain kit-save 1 KG off the drive train plus its Gold-nice. The 520 DID :crutch::tsk::gun3::chairshot::funky::ranger:kit was tested by a few riders with a VFR and it held up fine.

2. MrSleep

MrSleep New Member

United States
    Map
    That poor, poor bike... :sorrow:

3. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Foot pegs = hero blobs, If you wana save kilograms before a ride, you can visit the toilet and take a healthy dump, that would equal what your gona save on that gold chain. I think if you invested in an actual "gold chain" to wear around your neck, you may be ahead of the game. This way, you will always have it, compared to your poor motorcycle which is gona end up in the rubbish bin in the near future. Another good thing about investing in jewerly instead of motorcycle jewelry, is that someone like yourself could always have something to "pawn" if you find that giving "hand-jobs" to truckers does not pay your bills, (I was nice and and sed, "hand-jobs".) Your not gona have have bike for-eva, butt; gold lasts forever. Puns were intended and maliciious too, cheers :vtr2: your not for real...but its still good. :thumbsdown: :pound: :pound: :pound:

It

4. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Name of the game-the vfr doesn't like sharp slow turns, not like my old r6 did.

5. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    seriously? check your tyre pressure. Nuff Sed. :peace:

6. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I suppose replacing a half worn out still good chain is a waste as replacing brake pads still good. The vfr is one tough monster, everything I did so far works good. I got the bike set up real well in case it falls from what I have seen-few people can drop a bike 6 times and only have minor damage. I have a lot of experience in falling and droping bikes, my old r6 must have fell over twenty times and still looked ok when I traded it. I think if you never dropped a bike you haven't been riding it. The only safe Bike is on its center stand.:chaingun::chaingun::chaingun::spider::attention::soapbox::soapbox::bug::dance:

7. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    tire pressure not a factor-I run 33F and 36 rear which seems to be about perfect for lightly loaded up vfr!

8. TNRabbit

TNRabbit New Member

Map
    Have you had your balance checked? Inner ear problems? because you drop a bike more than any mother f*cker I've ever seen.......

9. Quattro73

Quattro73 New Member

Norway
    Map
    Do you think so? I've had my CBR for 19 years, driven it more than 100000 km and never dropped it once.
    I think you can't drive, not at all, that's why you drop it all the time.

10. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    SOW has now pissed off the Norwegians. Usually a peaceful bunch of folks.

11. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I am going to beat Randys score when I trade in the bike, but its got a 100,000 miles to go!

12. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I just hit 7,000, that means I put on 2400 miles mostly local miles.

13. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I think its much more hardy than my 20 drop r6 was!

14. Quattro73

Quattro73 New Member

Norway
    Map
    I'm not pissed off, and yes, quite peaceful I am :) Just had to tell suno it's possible to ride a bike (a lot) without dropping it all the time ;) My VFR is quite a lot more top heavy than my CBR, but still no problem to handle. If he can't handle his VFR, because it's to heavy (or he is too weak), then he should trade it for a small 125cc ;)

15. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Someday we may see on the news that SOW's bike fell over on him trapping him and he was eaten by several cats that were in his panniers.

16. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I am going to take off the center stand next-that's 3 pounds that I don't need and get a 520 chain kit-1 KG when I get around to it. I just looked I have bike stands and can make the back one work by putting a metal rod the wheel to jack it up. That's all most exactly 1% of the weight of the bike which is a real reduction in weight. I think what happened is my left hand was tired and the clutch slipped out too fast then the bike stalled. I almost saved it from falling-it hit very lightly -no damage at all and for the first time I was able to pick it up myself with no help, so I am not that weak. I joined a Health club to build up my arms with some weights.:painkiller::rambo::shower::bug::spider:

17. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    You either need to take a Motorcycle safety/riding coarse and learn how to properly ride/turn or invest in bubble wrap for your bike. Cause you're a klutz............

18. Quattro73

Quattro73 New Member

Norway
    Map
    The center stand and drive chain is located very low on any bike, weight reduction here will not be the remedy for your frequent drops. You need to lower the center of mass, which is quite difficult.

19. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    that's true its the top heavy part-it tips over more easy then the R6 did which isn't good. I let a little more air out of the back tire-that will help a little-maybe 35.5. I don't need the center stand, so off it goes-even if its low its still weight. I think the bike would look more sporty with it off too! Small thing add up-I was almost able to hold the bike up even though it stalled. I run the bike with only about 2 gals in it, when I am not going far.:behindsofa::behindsofa::team2::smash::smash::flex:

20. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    I have the training wheels off my sons bicycle if you would like to use them!!