replacement slip on can for old kerker 4-1? (2nd gen)

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by V4toTour, Aug 20, 2014.

1. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Anyone know of a decent looking (and sounding) muffler that will fit the old kerker collector?

2. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    A lot of the pipe makers out there have universal mufflers availabe. Many have options including length, finishes, tips...etc. Google search should give you plenty of choices. You may have to dig a little on some websites but they're out there.

Motosport.com has a listing for Kerker universal cans round or elliptical. Supertrapp has a bunch, as does Hindle. Dale Walker used to make pipes for VFR's, he has a line of universal cans.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  3. midias

midias New Member

United States
    Map
  4. JasonWW

JasonWW New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm going with delkevic as well. They have a great sound. They have polished stainless steel cans for around $130-$150 and other styles are a bit more. They are a straight through, perforated core design and all come with removable inserts to reduce the noise. Check the sound on them on YouTube. There are lots of videos.

5. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I just had a pair of old Kerker cans polished. My '83 started with a Vance & Hines system, munched up original cans, bought Kerker K2 Slip ons. 30 years later I am cleaning up the old girl, had the pipes ceramic coated and cans polished. Went down on right side and put a good flat spot on one can. I turned can 180 degrees and put flat spot on inside!. Kerker name plates were damaged, so I called them and got replacements.
    [​IMG]
    Will re-pack and reuse, could not find replacements with same look. Maybe you can do the same.