'85 VF700S. Couple of questions

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by MatBirch, Aug 27, 2014.

1. MatBirch

MatBirch New Member

Just got my rolling chassis (2)(chassises:beguiled:) home last night, and what I was told was a magna, turned out to be a sabre. The other being an '83 interceptor. Both are in different stages of really rough shape, the interceptor with a grenaded block, the sabre with no tank, seat, and been through a fire...well, next to fire. Enough to have melted the cluster, handlebar switches, some wiring etc. motor is known good and strong.
    Quick ebay search last night shows nothing in the way of bodywork for a 700, but lots for a 750. How different are the two generations?

2. Dukiedook

Dukiedook New Member

Map
    An '83 700 Interceptor does not exist.

3. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    '83 is a VF750F and should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    Unless it is red and white.

4. MatBirch

MatBirch New Member

Sorry guys, I wasn't clear... At all! My bad-
    Yes, the '83 interceptor is a 750 and is complete but has a giant hole in the block. Need to source one of those...

The sabre is an '85 700, and was in the fire. My friend purchased it because like many others before him, he mistakenly thought the motors were the same... I need a tank and seat for it, but I only find earlier 750 sabre parts. Will they fit? I can mod anything, but need the best starting point