Remember the guy with the 5th gen motor in a car? -I've got parts left over- cheap!

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by ccrunner, Sep 2, 2014.

1. ccrunner

ccrunner New Member

United States
    Hi 5th gen brothers and sisters!

A few years back I put my 5th gen's engine in my 1972 Honda car.... I'm back on this board because it's time to clean out the shed of my 'leftover' bits... I know this is a bit unconventional, and I'm hoping the mods will allow this post here- the issue is these bits are taking up room/ many of them are little 'odd' bits that could overwise be hard to source/ I'd love to get them back onto someone's bike (as opposed to throwing them away)/ and of course a few bucks for my VFR car project would be helpful :tranquillity:

If you see something you need, please send me an email @ novakdean@hotmail.com (I'm not on this board often), let me know what you need, offer me a few bones to make it worth boxing up, and it's yours! The more you buy the better! -if it's not in the pics, I don't have it.. this is the very last of the (2) bikes/engines I sourced for my car project..

a few notes- all of these bits are mine- no theft/ no bent parts (see my links below).. sorry about the bad pics- they're all of the same pile of parts from different angles.. the frame is CA titled in my name as non-op... the wiring harness is trashed, but it has many OEM plugs left on it that someone may need. It would be great if you want to buy the whole lot and flip the individual bits on ebay-CL.. just please make me a fair offer and it's all yours..

Thanks guys-

-ccrunner

links to the car build:

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthre...-out-of-a-never-down-bike-woo-hoo!?highlight=

http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14452

Attached Files:

2. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    No. Fucking. Way.

Looks like I have some reading to do!

3. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Once again, thanks to this forum, I have pissed away the better part of an hour skimming the Honda N600/VFR build and I can say I am glad I did. Just reading about the work was exhausting but I am positive the outcome is nothing short of breathtaking. When I was in high school I drove a 1969 Honda 600 Sedan that was imported by a service man returning from overseas. Of course mine had the original engine but it was nothing but a hoot to drive. Later in college I managed to find a Honda 600 coup that was just as fun. I can't imagine having the power of a VFR800 in that tiny little car. Thanks for sharing the project with words and pictures.

4. H3nry

H3nry New Member

United States
    Map
    That's an amazing project. I'd have burned out long before the car was drivable. Wish I'd seen the thread 6 months ago. I could have used a few of your parts when reworking the back end of my '01 but she's pretty much finished now, I think. Running all LED lights on a VFR regulator is gonna fry it. An FET or series regulator is a must.

My first REAL car was a Volvo P1800 which I drove daily, raced in SCCA, and rallied for 20 years and 300K miles. I gotta read about that project, too.

5. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    HOLY XXXX! :eagerness:

6. ccrunner

ccrunner New Member

United States
    Hey guys.. I'm waiting to hear back from the first guy that reached out to me.. wants to buy the whole lot, but If I don't hear back from him soon, I'll start selling individual items to those of you that are messaging/asking for specific parts- I'll reply to your emails/pms soon.. thanks for you patience..

-ccrunner

7. ccrunner

ccrunner New Member

United States
    Sorry for the delay guys... As it turns out, the first guy to contact me has bought the whole lot- all bits are now gone..

Thanks-

-ccrunner