To All the Girls I've Loved Before

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by metallyguitarded, Sep 2, 2014.

1. metallyguitarded

metallyguitarded New Member

Map
    There have been a few threads lately that got me thinking about the motorcycles I've owned and how I've loved them all. For one reason or another, we parted ways and went on to build new relationships. I hope they're happy wherever they are. I've only had a handful of past relationships. Some may say I'm still very inexperienced. But what I lack in variety I make up for in enthusiasm and depth of feeling. So, this thread is dedicated to all the girls I've loved before...

My first love had curves in all the right places. She was my Kim Kardashian without the annoying personality!

First Bike1.jpg First Bike3.jpg

Being my first, after a while I felt the need to experience more. So, although Kim was comfortable and reliable, I decided I needed a girl who was a little more athletic and better suited to my personality. I found a tall, thin red head who seemed to fit the bill nicely.

IMG_0124-1.jpg

I should have known that just like my first marriage to a tall, thin red head, this wouldn't last. We had some fun times but I was left wanting more. I fell for a green-eyed super model. Our romance was hot and fast. It was one of those crazy, exciting, all consuming types of love. Whenever I allow myself to reminisce about the past, she's the one whose memory I linger on the most.

IMG_0007.jpg

She was stolen from me. I was heartbroken and alone for months and months. I rebounded in a big way and found a girl that was nothing like the one who left me. Forget supermodels. I wanted a simple lady. Easy to get along with. Still pretty in her own way. But not someone all the guys would be staring at and plotting to take away from me.

P3121216.JPG P3121217.JPG

Like any rebound relationship, it was doomed from the beginning. I couldn't get over the one who got away. I tried to spice things up and for a while, I convinced myself that I was happy. Still, in the end, I got bored. I started to think I'd never find the right girl. Although I missed my green-eyed beauty, I didn't miss the fights we had - sore wrists, aching back, numb ass. And then, just like in those romantic comedies our wives force us to watch (Kill Bill 1 & 2, 300 and Long Way Round), the right one came along out of nowhere. I got a call from a friend who said he had someone he'd like me to meet, that he was sure we'd hit it off. He described her as stunning yet down to earth, loyal, dependable and classy with just the right amount of naughty. Of course, I agreed to meet her. Just last month we celebrated our three year anniversary. Things are going great and I think I've found "the one."

DSC6977-L.jpg DSC9436-X2.jpg 08.02.2014 Hwy 94.jpg

Gentlemen, who are your past loves? Post them up. No need to go on and on like I did about each but if you're so inclined, I'd love to read the stories behind each of them. Otherwise, just a bunch of photos would be great too.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    Your description of the affairs with your "Girls" is just priceless. I fully imagine that the VFR will be the one that lasts. Of course, who am I to say. I have been through 4 VFR's now of various years and have loved each one more than the previous.

3. metallyguitarded

Map
    Thanks! I feel that we'll last too. I haven't really broached the subject of having an open relationship. Not sure how to go about doing that. Fortunately, finances prevent me from having more than one relationship at a time, so I don't have to worry about having that awkward discussion. If, however, I should come into a windfall, there is this new girl who I'd love to learn more about. She's a 2014 DLX in pure as the driven snow white. Maybe she and my girl can become sister wives.

Okay... I think I've taken this far enough. Haha. Sorry, got carried away!

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Ah, Menages a Trois

5. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    VFR's are like "The Girl next Door". Up for anything, always there & ready. Reliable and practical to the point we take them for granted. Equally at home drinking a beer in a pub or enjoying a fine wine in 5 star restaurant. And when ridden hard they reward us with few if any inhibitions. ;)

6. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Well said there buddy..... :thumb:

7. jev.

jev. over there

United States
    this is going in a weird direction.....

8. metallyguitarded

Map
    Agreed. My bad. Sorry, wasn't my intention to rile up the hooligans. Pretty funny though.

9. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    MG...at first I thought I was reading a romance novel, Not that I know what they're like. ..I was gettin all choked up fer a bit....very well written.

10. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I love my Harley-Davidson....

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    BB no you di ent ?

12. p flores

p flores New Member

United States
    helotes texas (entrance to the texas hill country
    i too was a manwhore. now i'm a bigamist. the silverhaired old st1300 is my main squeeze, followed by the many colored R W B vfr wild thing. the reliable multitalented dr650 doesn't do anything great, but she will do anything. then there is the nasty little dr350 that will wrestle in the mud and try to buck you off without warning only to let you back on to kick your butt again.
    my past loves are only memories now just an old photograph to remind me of good old times.

13. jev.

jev. over there

United States
    Don't misunderstand. I'm not criticizing, I think it's a good thread and a great way to start. That was my attempt at humor.

14. metallyguitarded

Map
    Thanks ducc! I actually dated a girl who has been on the cover of a bunch of those romance novels (great, now I'm sounding like SOW) but I still could never bring myself to read one. Still odd to see her every now and then in the arms of some bare chested dude as I browse the book section in Target.

15. metallyguitarded

Map
    Great! So all's good! Hooligans, proceed!

16. metallyguitarded

Map
    Pefect. Haha! Just gave me a great idea for another thread. A story thread where each person contributes a line or two that has to at least somehow flow from the previous lines. I imagine it would be either a huge success or a tremendous flop. And no other beginning could be better than, "I, too, was a manwhore. Now I'm a bigamist." Does it contribute anything to our understanding and appreciation for our motorcycles? Absolutely not. But it could be entertaining for those of us who find ourselves surfing the site and not finding any new content to read or contribute to. Be on the lookout for a new thread entitled, "I was a manwhore." I'll start it off by adding my line or two then I release it to the hooligans. The only rules I suggest are nothing so offensive that the mods would shut it down and let at least five others contribute their lines before anyone goes again.

Thoughts? Worthwhile or should I stop drinking?

17. p flores

p flores New Member

United States
    helotes texas (entrance to the texas hill country
    stop drinking? stop breathing? i say go with it. as in riding a motorcycle without a map or gps, point the thing and twist the throttle see where you end up. you may be surprised. at the very least, you get to experience new (to you) roads and adventures, maybe see a past love or new one.

18. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    This from the guy with the Avatar of the month. Can we have a consensus that one of Jevs Avatar's belongs in the VFRW calendar. Perhaps the December photo.

19. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    I will second that nomination!

20. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Now I feel dissed......