Back in the Saddle

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by jackhammer63, Sep 19, 2014.

1. jackhammer63

jackhammer63 New Member

United States
    Map
    Can you imagine the Aerosmith tune playing.

This is Jack and I Just purchased my first VFR 800. It's a 2005 with 14Kmi.

My last bike was a 1995 YZF600. Sold in September 1999 before I got married. Wow 15 years. Now divorced.

This thing is so sweet. What a ride. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Are there any members out this way?

Thanks for the thread on the operating temp. I thought that this was going to over heat. But she is within parameters.

Can anyone tell me where the oil level should be when she is cold? I see two level indicators on the sight glass and it is a t the lower one.

I have more questions but will leave them for another time.

2. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome aboard Jack and congrats on the new ride. Being simple folks here, we like pictures of bikes. Or scantily clad women.

Make sure you check the oil level when on the center stand. Anywhere between the 2 lines should be good.

Few things to consider for your new to you ride:
    1. Check the manufacture date on the tiers. Being a 2005 with only 14K, its possible the current tires are a few years old.
    2. If you don't know the history of maintenance on the bike, probably a good idea to flush/change all fluids.
    3. The 2002 to 2005 had a wiring harness recall (something up front). A call to Honda or a deal with your VIN will tell you if that recall was done. Doo eet.

Enjoy.