Just wanted to show her off ...

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by metallyguitarded, Sep 19, 2014.

1. metallyguitarded

metallyguitarded New Member

Map
    I rode into work yesterday and I'm lucky enough to have free underground parking in the building where I work. It was weird to see so many empty spots so I took advantage of the fact that there weren't people around to take a picture of my bike. She looked beautiful, sexy even, in contrast to the drab grey walls, ceiling and ground. I've never been one to name my motorcycles but if I ever decide to, I was thinking maybe "Jev's Avatar" has a nice ring to it. What do you think?

09.18.2014.jpg

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Interesting setting for sure! Maybe you can come up with a calendar contender?

3. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Metally, I don't really have a name suggestion, hell, I got so super original and named my red 05 RHonda, as it is a red Honda. I like the pic. After looking at your pic, I thought of something that I never thought of before and that is I think it would be cool if the ends of the exhaust were cut at an angle to follow the lines of the taillight. Don't know how to do it, but it would look cool, at least from the side.

WooHoo this make 100 posts, I'm so on this game... [\sarcasm] :biggrin-new:

4. metallyguitarded

Map
    If she's going to be included as a calendar girl, I'm going to have to do better than a parking garage! Haha.

5. metallyguitarded

Map
    I get what you're saying. My pipes look like crap. Real nice. I'm kidding, of course. There is somewhat of a break in the line that's visible from that angle. I don't know of any aftermarket pipes that necessarily cure that but it's something I'll keep an eye out for. Until then, I choose to view it as character. It's the slight gap in the super model's front teeth; the oval belly button on the bikini model's waist; the hairy lip on the waitress' mouth. Wait ... scratch that last one.

6. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Ha! Actually, Delkevic kind of does this already, maybe shorten the Y-pipe and then increase the angle of the taper...

[​IMG]

Ain't nuttin wrong with a supermodel with big cans, jus sayin...

7. metallyguitarded

Map
    I like that. I've read conflicting reviews on the Delkevic pipes. Worth looking into closer. Then again, if I get new pipes, I'm going to probably want a new air filter. If I get a new air filter, I'll be needing a PCV. Once I get all that dialed in I'll realize the stock windshield really needs to be swapped out for a double bubble. And you know what else? Colored steel brake lines would be pretty sharp. Oh, and have you been reading that suspension upgrade thread...

I need another source of income. Winning lottery ticket preferably.

8. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    Delkevic makes a good product and an excellent price with awesome customer support. I had a low mount carbon fiber pipe for touring and a high mount 2 Bro for sport on my 5th gen. I bought it because I am cheap, but I came to realize that it is as good a can as the others. Just a lot cheaper. They can be a bit plain looking though. That can be good or bad, depending on your tastes.

9. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Nice RWB bike! You lucky dawg to have underground parking. I have to use a cover and it only lasts a year or so before I send it back for warranty replacemnt.

10. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    If you get a chance to do that photo over again, without the truck in the back ground and the traffic cones, that would be a great contender for the calendar. But I have to say, the photo is a bit blurred so maybe play with your camera settings or use a tripod.

I was thinking of doing a similar shot, not in a parkade, but a covered service laneway beneath a convention center where there are huge fans to keep the air moving. I've seen it done with cars and it looked really nice. Only thing is though, the photographer did some modifications to the image to get the black and white back ground behind the coloured car. I think they want submissions for the calendar "untouched"

They should be seeking entires pretty soon. Last few years they have left it a little late and calendars were not arrivng here until into the new year.

11. metallyguitarded

Map
    Thanks Randy. My camera settings are pretty much, touch the image on the screen of my Android phone, wait a second, then touch the screen again to capture the image. There are probably more settings that I'm unfamiliar with. I'll have to go in on a weekend and try it again. Maybe even borrow a real camera if I'm hoping to be included in the VFR Calendar. This was just a spur of the moment photo that I thought looked pretty nice. Blurry for sure. But still nice.

12. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    My post was a pre-cursor. I still might go do that photo in the underground I spoke of. Didn't want peeps to think I was stealing your idea. Fall is just a short time away. Colours here should be brightening up. I also want to get pictures of the "Lions" as a backdrop. Maybe I can get that early on a frosty sunny morning.

imagesCAP4QM61.jpg

13. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    Great pics guys! All of them. Randy ' s pic makes my snowboard knees ache. In a good way......

14. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Whistler is only an hour away!

15. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    Lucky man you are. Whistler is on the to do list for sure!

16. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    With all this around me I have only gone skiing on e in my life. Most of that was skiing on my ass.

17. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    I just can't figure how to get the VFR in my carry on....