So I did some genuine fiddling with my RapidBike2 last night and..

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Voided76, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hilarity ensued.

I was doing ~4 degrees of ignition advance that tapered off by about 8500 or so to flat, all the way to 10grand, to several degrees ignition retard by 12.75; the new limiter.

What I changed, was a push to +5 degrees from 3750 to 6500, and the full +4 degrees of timing all the way to 9500 rpms, tapered to a quick zero up at 10500, tapered to -3 degrees ignition @ 12.75. Also added about 2% more fuel @ WOT from 6.5k to 10, for good measure if the ignition advance was going to do what I thought it was going to do.

What ACTUALLY changed was, it now runs like a rabid animal! 1st gear is now airbourne gear. 2nd gear floats the front wheel @ about a foot off the ground (!!) til 10500.

I kept my ears peeled for any rattling, any weird pops, knocks or strange vibes, through 10-20 2nd and 3rd gear pulls. no spark knock detected (!!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Voided76/CurrentIgnition_zps116cbef6.jpg

A wee lil photo of my ignition map. There were a -few- tweaks to the vtec map I did to help smooth out the trans.
    And that helped SO MUCH that the VTEC map is seamless. Leaned over close to 40* in first gear accellerating, hits vtec, and just sings.
    No shudder, no attempt to either break free or pick the front up sideways, just my Viffles' way of letting me know, the shit is very much, going to get real. Should I open up the taps fully.

MIND YOU, THIS IS ON A STRICT 93octane (98 euro) Diet. I haven't, and will not, subject my bike to 87 on this tune.

Friends don't let friends read platform boot threads.

2. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Coooooooool
    By the way, rapid bike two will not change red line and ignition timing at the same time, its just one or the other. That's what the rapid bike three is for.

3. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    But, I'm glad you're experiencing the full potential of these bikes with some added ignition timing.

4. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    Uhm... well... it gives me the option of the ignition map. I change it, and it is aparently really making changes.

I rev the holy shit outta the engine and it soars to 12.75?

5. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    thing is I can't change the rev limit one way or the other and never have been able to, in the rapidbike software.

*shrug*

6. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    The tachometer is pretty optimistic. Put it on a dyno you'll see.

7. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm judging more by the tone of the high end...

now THAT is something to post to youtube... lol. before after rev limits.

8. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Oh the bike definitely sounds and feels ten times more aggressive with some added timing thrown at it.

9. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Before and after Rapid Bike racing dynos of a 100% stock 2003 VFR800, tuned using the 2 factory narrowband o2 sensors. Keep in mind that this is with no other mods, not even a slip on or air filter. The improvements should be much greater on modified bikes or in the case of tuning each cylinder independently with four o2 sensors. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

That is before and after at 100%, 23% and 13% throttle positions. On the 13% throttle you can see the dramatic breakdown of just fuel corrections alone and then the added benefit of tuning the ignition map on top of the fuel map.