Can someone help me find the maintenance manuel

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by lenny.soueidan, Sep 21, 2014.

1. lenny.soueidan

lenny.soueidan New Member

I just got a nice 06 vfr and LOVE IT!!!!

Can someone help me find the maintenance manuel, it seems to have disapered lol

here or pm

Thank you!!!

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Try Google. " pdf factory manual 2006 Honda vfr intercepter" This may even be available in French.

3. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    eBay my friend.

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Hello lenny
    First let welcome you to the nuts house. Since this is your first post I will give you a break.
    The manual is too big to send but if you PM Ootv he have a copy on his server.
    Take a little stroll down the hall to Introduction section and create a thread and introduce yourself.

5. Badbilly

United States
    One more reason that any kind of advice from a harleydood should be taken with a grain of sal. The copies on Ebay average oot to aboot fifty pesos. Then ya got all those taxes and shipping regs that are extant in Canada on top of the fifty pesos.

The PDF versions are free for the most part and are, at times easier to use than a paperback.

6. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
  7. Badbilly

United States
    On the "other" site, it is necessary to be a "member" to download the manual. Then they can send you all kinds of ads for useful stuff like mouthwash, nannycams and organic Viagara.

8. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    Say what you like about VFRD, but I have never received spam from them. Nor do we have forum trolls over there. Different site, different people, different culture, same bikes. Try to get along.

The 6th gen service manual was lost somehow. Then a bunch of us in uncoordinated fashion uploaded it again. So now there are 5 or 6 copies to choose from. They are all the same though.

9. Badbilly

United States

I'll cut you some slack since you are not savvy to marketing techniques that improve and are more sophisticated almost on a daily basis. The larger issue is that if you really think that the "other" site is different people, its a con or you really think its true. The proof is that you are in two places at once. Yeah right.. ...What you could do is try to fix it so that the various downloads can be accessed by dudes who do not want to join the club or want to see a bunch of ads and pop ups on their screens selling shit they don't want.

Philosophically the net is slowly becoming one big fucking ad anyway. Sorry if this is all beyond you. Maybe too many forums are on your plate and you believe all that BS aboot not being tracked.

Since I used to think there was nothing dumber than a sack of chickens, I find there is. It's the dude who when the chickens fly away is left holding the bag.

More slack for you.. Go to Ebay or Amazon and look for anything. the page will show similar items from your last visit and specific items that were inquired of. Try any of the online specialty outfits as well including the large online MC parts and farkle suppliers.

Big Bro may not be watching you but he sure as hell is trying to sell you anything he can..

I got a free download far in advance of either of these forums dating back more than 20 years. Just used it yesterday and so far, not a single ad for anything organic, inorganic, bigger than a breadbox or a sack of chickens.

Many thanks for allowing me to say what I will but the First Amendment to the US Constitution beat you to it.

10. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    That's a pretty funny post Billy. I don't want to get into an argument with you or give you any fuel for your ego on whatever you think is right or correct. I don't know what I said to make you think I am not savvy to marketing techniques. Especially in regards to internet advertising. Do you know what I do professionally? Up until a year ago, I sold Google SEM programs, iYP listings, landing pages, MALPS, mobile advertising, call tracking numbers, etc... One of the benefits to having sold these things is also knowing how to block them.

So for your example, when I go ebay or amazon or any other online retailer, their recommendations only stay on their site. If I go to another website that has an ad for something I looked at earlier, I won't see it. Adblockers are nothing new, but you can also add plugins to your browser that block tracking for just this reason. Ghostery is one I would recommend. Adblock, Ghostery and NoScript are pretty much simple enough for the average user to figure out. Being a little more advanced, you can have a custom hosts file on your computer (and smart phone) so that you prevent ad servers from even being able to connect to your device.

Yes I think the other forum has different active members than this site. I am active on both, true. But I don't see you nor SOW over there. You may have a membership there to access the downloads and no other reason though. However you want to argue the point, you cannot argue that the community is different. I did not it was better nor worse, just different.

No thanks to me are necessary for allowing you to say anything. I was never trying to censor nor silence you. As for the 1st Amendment, it only says you cannot be prosecuted for what you say, it doesn't mean people have to listen or tolerate someone on a personal level.

When I said forum trolls, I was referring to SOW. I try to comment and interact with people politely but somewhat dispassionately. I am guessing that you assumed I was talking about you? If so, I apologize. Not my intent. However, if you want to turn this into some sort of grudge against me, let me know so that I can just ad you to ignore list.

11. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    Dude He is a Dick...sooner or later he will wind up on your ignore list, he's on mine :lemo:

12. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Wow...this guys just looking for a upload....shit this took a hard left somewheres.....
    He's like ... what did I say
    Anyways the rumor is BB & SOW are the same person.

13. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    That would explain so much!

14. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    Woah.. duccman... I didn't recognize you! Change it back! Your avatar sucks now!

15. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    It's an old timer...back when big tobacco could still advertise/sponsor.

16. Badbilly

United States
    That's a pretty funny post Billy. I don't want to get into an argument with you or give you any fuel for your ego on whatever you think is right or correct. I don't know what I said to make you think I am not savvy to marketing techniques. Especially in regards to internet advertising. Do you know what I do professionally? Up until a year ago, I sold Google SEM programs, iYP listings, landing pages, MALPS, mobile advertising, call tracking numbers, etc... One of the benefits to having sold these things is also knowing how to block them.

>>> Damn dude if I had all that at my fingertips providing technology at some point didn't leave you with digital egg on your face, you should share it with the folks here and not save it all for those more cultured dudes on the "other" forum.. Sorry you lost your gig. Did it ever occur to you that by selling same you were part of the problem of the net becoming one big fucking ad.. ?

So for your example, when I go ebay or amazon or any other online retailer, their recommendations only stay on their site. If I go to another website that has an ad for something I looked at earlier, I won't see it. Adblockers are nothing new, but you can also add plugins to your browser that block tracking for just this reason. Ghostery is one I would recommend. Adblock, Ghostery and NoScript are pretty much simple enough for the average user to figure out. Being a little more advanced, you can have a custom hosts file on your computer (and smart phone) so that you prevent ad servers from even being able to connect to your device.

>>> Cut the BS dude! Ebay and Amazon were used as prime examples. To imply that both do not sell information is horseshit. What I do is the ignore thing without blocking to keep up with current practices.

Yes I think the other forum has different active members than this site. I am active on both, true. But I don't see you nor SOW over there. You may have a membership there to access the downloads and no other reason though. However you want to argue the point, you cannot argue that the community is different. I did not it was better nor worse, just different.

>>>Damn dude you just invited him.. No, I am not there I am on two forum. This one and anther that is available only by invitation and not aboot bikes. I hope you are not going to try to convince anyone that some of the dudes here are "over" there using the same or slightly modified handles or avatars.. That dog don't hunt and never will. What you said was "different culture" whatever that means.. Cultures are sometimes grown in Petri dishes.

No thanks to me are necessary for allowing you to say anything. I was never trying to censor nor silence you. As for the 1st Amendment, it only says you cannot be prosecuted for what you say, it doesn't mean people have to listen or tolerate someone on a personal level.

>>>Nice to hear from a sales dude who is also a Constitutional scholar.

When I said forum trolls, I was referring to SOW. I try to comment and interact with people politely but somewhat dispassionately. I am guessing that you assumed I was talking about you? If so, I apologize. Not my intent. However, if you want to turn this into some sort of grudge against me, let me know so that I can just ad you to ignore list.

>>> I will say flat out I am passionate and that I believe you are not. How dull.. The indicator is a few of your posts making attempts to interface with SOW in a normal manner. Far out!

>>> Might you be related to JC himself?

17. Badbilly

United States
    There is also the rumor that you are the Marlboro Man. I don't smoke and look what happened to that dude.

The guy probably found the manual, loaded it and is laughing his ass off at everyone here in this uncultured gaggle of the great unwashed.

I hear that Long is actually SOW. That was last week.. Any updates you'd care to share?

18. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Ok I think we should all have a group hug....except for that little troll.....

19. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    It's an old timer...back when big tobacco could still advertise/sponsor.
    Okay Okay, Rainey was my hero back in the eighty's

20. Badbilly

United States
    Your new avatar really smokes..;)