Looking to buy 2004 VFR800

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by faran, Sep 30, 2014.

1. faran

faran New Member

United States
    Guys, I am a new member, so take it easy on me, please :)

I looked at a VFR from 2004, please see picts attached.

Owner recently did fork seals and bushings, have a receipt (~$750). Front and rear tires aren't matching, but rear looks brand new(2011, Pirelli). All fluids definitely need to be replaced. Chain needs to be cleaned and lubricated(adjusted well though). Brakes look and feel good, maybe brake lines need to be replaced(I might swap pads too). There's a recall on Harness(I guess?) and it's been replaced.

Battery, tire and fluids, spark plugs could cost me ~$200, I guess? Correct me please, if I am wrong? Pads and lines maybe another $200? I can close the deal with all bags and all stock parts for $2100-$2200. Is this price and deal sounds fair to you guys?

That's listing below:

I am the second owner of this bike. The first owner put 7000 miles on it. He sold it to me in 2009 because he needed a bigger bike for him and his wife. I am now selling it because my wife and I just had a child recently. It now has 34,356 miles on it. I can say with complete honesty that this bike rides as well as the day I got it (which is great). Its a great bike to tour on. The $2500 price includes the hard bags, touring screen, Corbin seat, and throttle lock. The down side of this bike is that one of the bolts that hold the screen on broke off. I added a picture of it. Its been that way for awhile now. Its not really noticeable so it just has not bothered me enough to fix it.
    This bike has been so much fun for me its hard to sell. I have been to Nantucket, Orlando, and all they way across the US to San Francisco. Its been such a reliable bike. The tires are in good shape. The chain is almost brand new less then 200 miles. I do have two suggestions for the bike. 1.) a new battery. It still works but its in the end of its lifespan. 2.) oil change. Not due from miles but I last changed it a year ago so it needs to have new oil put in there.

Anxiously looking forward to your input and comments guys.

Attached Files: