SoCal Meet, Greet, N' Eat! Saturday, October 25th

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by derstuka, Oct 16, 2014.

1. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Meet up is at Slater's 50/50 in Lake Forest, CA - Saturday October 25th at 11:30am.

Attention SoCal folks....please check-in!

I have been pondering a meetup for us SoCal folks for sometime now. This will not be a ride per se, this is just a chance for us all to finally physically meet in person, chatter, gossip, trade stories...all while tossing back a frosty beverage of your choosing. Some of us have already met, however, we have many who have not. Notoriously it has been hard to gather VFRW peeps in person. No matter if there is plenty of advance notice or not. So, I am gonna be riding roughshod, as they say, and just throwout a time, and a place and see who is down like a clown. If there is low attendance we many reschedule at a later date. Yes, you do get to meet the infamous derstuka, and as an added incentive, I will be selling autographed pictures for the bargain price of $19.99. These are almost guaranteed to become collectible and worth $$$$ in a few short years.

Soooooo, I am gonna try for a meetup at Slater's 50/50 in Lake Forest for lunch. Say 11:30ish meet time. I picked Slater's as it has huge bacon burgers, and a great array of 101 beer taps....and it is an easy location right off of the freeway. For those that are interested, we may ride down El Toro Rd to a biker hangout called "Cook's Corner" afterwards. El Toro Rd turns into Santiago Canyon after the Live Oak Canyon Rd, and goes all the way past Irvine Lake to Jamboree Rd....it is a nice ride, but by no means can you crank it up too fast as there are lots of :mod: around. It may be a nice alternative for the northern crew to return home, however.

Slater's 50/50
    24356 Swartz Drive
    Lake Forest, CA 92630

https://slaters5050.com/locations/lake-forest/

[​IMG]

UPDATED List as it stands now:

Derstuka - check
    Cafox (and guest) - check
    Outboard john - check
    Ootvs (and guest) - check
    Scubalong (and guest) - check
    Metallyguitarded - check
    VFR_Beeline (and guest) - check
    Duccman - check
    Lint - check
    Wgregt - check
    Dudealicious - check
    Sliderule - check

V4 Matt - maybe??
    Viffer_rider - ??
    Mofo - says NOOOO!
    Harleyxlc - negative

TOTAL OF 16 SO FAR!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Cafox

Cafox New Member

That place sounds good to me, I am all in.

3. harleyxlc

harleyxlc New Member

United States
    The autographed pic is so tempting...too bad I can't make the date. :)

4. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Jason, this is a great idea:eagerness: I would be up for what ever the consensus of the group is. Hope you won't mind if I throw out an alternate idea or two. Just down the road from where you are talking about is Cooks Corner, lots of bikes to look at and live music on the weekends. Would be fun to make a VFR statement/presence; also on Sunday the 26th is the Long Beach motorcycle swap meet, I've not been to this before so not sure if it's a good time or not.
    What size are the photos, and are they framed and matted or just the picture?:hss::playful:
    John

5. derstuka

Map
    Great ideas John. I had considereded Cooks corner (lived in San Clemente for 3.5 yrs and rode by all the time), however, we are talking 95% hardcore HD's on most weekends.

Long Beach bike swap.....hmmmmmmm...never heard of it. Let me look into it. I was kinda sorta trying to make a neutral distance for the SD crew, but Ill see whazzup.

The photos are only 4" x 6" but I do have larger sizes available for order.. Good as gold I tell ya! :vanity:

6. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Well you know I'm up for it! Both places have good food so no worries there.

7. V4 Matt

V4 Matt New Member

United States
    Map
    Damn, i would love to attend but Im heading up to Seattle tomorrow and might not be back in time

8. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

I only get to Cooks about twice a year but always enjoy the people watching. Have met guys on two strokes Beemers, helped a guy push start his Valkyrie once(had after market pipes and it sounded awesome), always see some classic UMJ's and an occasional Brit bike, but there are lots of Harley's. It is nice to be outside there on a nice day though..........not many of those around here right:eek:range: problem with Long Beach is it's mostly all slab to get there unless you take the 101 and that's a pain because of all the weekend lookie loos, of course if we do the ride to the motorcycle show in November like Bee suggested it would be the same. Anyway what ever this becomes it's all good. Hope Long can make it, I owe him lunch and IPA, he bought last time.
    John

9. derstuka

Map
    Well, how about this....we could eat at Slater's (or Lucille's), and if folks' wanted to, we could ride to Cook's Corner and down Santiago Canyon Road (or Live Oak Springs Rd) towards Lake Irvine after eating? I am not against' Cook's, it is just rollin' thunder heaven most days is all. Might as well check it out since we are so close though.

I thought about the bike show, and if the consensus is to wait until then, I am cool with that....however, it is hella crowded there, and getting something to eat afterwards can be hectic. I normally drive my truck there, because the ride is blahhhh. I figured a sit-down place would be more :love: feeling.

10. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Do they serve Dog or Cat burger at 50/50? :rolleyes:
    I think I can make it :thumb:

11. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Jason, that sounds like a good plan, and the ride up towards Irvine Lakes is pretty nice. When we stop at Cooks we could have a little contest to see which one of us could spot the most tatoos:crazy: hey maybe you could sell some of your pictures to some of the Harley babes there! I agree about the bike show too, my riding bud and I usually take the cage since the ride there is.......how did you put it, blaah; also leaves a bit of cushion for a cocktail or two.
    John

12. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

There you are, you chipped in while I was typing. Should have known that a free IPA would bring you out:drinker::party2:
    John

13. derstuka

Map

Why do you think they call it the 50/50 burger???

14. derstuka

Map
    Sounds groovy John. I have to give the guy who owns Cook's Corner kudos, as he does love motorcyclists, even though he primarily caters to the knuckle-draggin' frayed leather variety. Maybe some of the vifferhood will return home with a "tassled" Viffer?

15. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Cutboard john - check
    What the Beeeeeeeeeep :pound:

16. metallyguitarded

metallyguitarded New Member

Map
    I had a very soft date penciled in for brake work with OOTV (and Long if he cared to join us) but seeing how both of them are in for this meet up, I suppose I'm in too! Brakes are overrated anyway. This might work out better for me anyway since I have a wedding to go to later that day and a somewhat local lunch meeting will probably save me a lot of stress about getting back in time.

OOTV, looks like we'll push back the brake work! And just so no one worries (I know how much you all tend to worry about me), the brakes are fine but the front seems to be dragging just a bit and my fluids need replacing. Oh, and the caliper pistons aren't in sync. Geeze...the more I write this the more I think I might want to take the other bike! Haha.

Bottom line: I'M IN!

17. derstuka

Map
    Darryl always works better when he is well-lubricated :drink: or so I'm told.

18. derstuka

Map
    Woooo hoooo folks....we are up to six confirmed! Let's keep this ball rollin'! :rofl:

I was actually thinking, I know that is dangerous and all, but I was thinking that maybe we could even swing by the Oakley headquarters in Foothill Ranch on the way to Cook's Corner since it will be within about 2 miles of us. For those that have not been, it is a pretty cool site to see and take pics of.

19. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map
    Sure, I'll go if you move it to Utah! Not in LA for a spell.

20. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Should be snowin by then. Always right before Halloween unless thats changed. Are you still riding ? Or is the 12 all tucked away for winter?