8 Spoke Rear Wheel

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by AWP34, Oct 21, 2014.

1. AWP34

AWP34 New Member

United States
    Hey VFR's

I am thinking of pulling the trigger and buying my 8 spoke 90-93 rear wheel from Partzilla

I am going with the summer blond metallic. My question is does anyone know the color code? I am going to powder coat my stock front wheel on my 08 VFR to match.

If you have any suggestions on where to get the rim cheaper please feel free to chime in as well.

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

The only places to find them cheaper is in the forum classifieds, on eBay, Craig's list or at an MC wrecking/Salvage yard. As far as the color code? According to the post in the link below, Summer Blond Metallic is YR-129M Summer blond metallic

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/...onda-paint-codes/?hl=+summer++blond++metallic

Cheers

3. AWP34

AWP34 New Member

United States
    Thanks for the link. Would providing these codes to a powder coater be of any help to have them match up to the stock color?

4. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
  5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Not sure but you can always check with your powder coater. Worse case scenario, you get both powder coated with a color that is similar. The place I took mine to, the owner said he could try and match the stock '09 wheel but it may not be 100% exact, I ended up just getting both done with a similar color/texture and it was good enough for me. It was a question of having matching wheels or having them look slightly different but close.