Picking up a new to me VFR - any idea where I can get fairings?

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Bigtime575, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Bigtime575

Bigtime575 New Member

Prior owner trashed the fairings and tossed em. Anyone know where I can get replacements?

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Right .. First off its time to extend a warm welcome to the VFRWorld MadHouse:welcome:

You are new here so a few hints may come in handy.

First off - folks on here really do like pictures - it helps us understand what of the many VFR versions of bike you own and proves it does exist - you may get a fair bit of raggin until you do! So don't be shy - even if the bike is not looking its best - even if its just a pile of rusty bits - take a photo and post it up here (click reply then click the "insert Image" icon, and follow the prompts to select and upload a photo from your computer) so we know what we are dealing with. At the moment we have no idea what of the many VFR models you own!

Second please update your forum profile (forum actions + edit profile) to include the specs of the bike (year/engine size/colour) and a rough idea of the location where you live on the planet! - You know this stuff but we don't - and this is the VFR WORLD forum so your post is being seen by folks all over the globe and it may not help if you live in Oregon and get responses from folks down in Australia - country/city/state should be fine. That way the information will appear automatically alongside all your future posts.

Third please take time to drop in on the "Introductions" thread and say hello to the rest of the folks on the forum (not everyone drops by the 3/4th Gen forum regularly), and don't forget to add at least one photo!

Take care

SkiMad

3. Bigtime575

Bigtime575 New Member

Thanks so much SkiMad for the advise. I am a member on many other forums such as VTXOA and others which all have different guidelines, so I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me understand some of the guidelines, tips, and tricks specific to this group. I will work over the coming day or so to get this done.

As for a picture of my soon to be mine 97 VFR 750, this is all I have at the moment, but will take a few more in a couple hours after I get her home (renting a trailer literally in 30 min to purchase her).

Again, thank you for the welcome and your time.

Bigtime575

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414234238.251629.jpg

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    :welcome: to the madness Bigtime :wave:
    You can post wanted add or create a threat for your inquiry.
    Good luck with your hunt.

5. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    The 4th gens are getting a little harder to find parts for. The OEM source for parts is servicehonda.com. being on ebay VERY regularly will sometimes net some decent parts, but usually they are already rashed. Sometimes members here have extras laying around, but like I said, the 4th gens are getting sparse and they may not wish to part with any extras.

6. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
    Don't go with the China parts!

7. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    But sadly they may have no viable(affordable) option!

The Search function on here is pretty good (once you get the search terms right) and you will find plenty of threads about fairing kits from China. In the main many are found to be of poor quality/fit/finish - some down-right junk. However a few people have been reasonably satisfied with the kits they have purchased.

This is of course another of those areas where we the VFR owning community can help each other. There is no point trying to duplicate their feedback rating system, what we really want is to identify those few suppliers who provided decent quality kits which were fine - so others know where to spend their money.

As we are probably well past the point where Honda is interesting in manufacturing further OEM standard fairings for 4th Gen models - owners have little choice but to turn to unofficial pattern parts - the big question is therefore who supplies decent kits which are of equivalent material quality and finish, which can bolt straight on without endless having to modify the supplied panels to make mounting holes line up.

So hands up anyone who has purchased decent quality replacement 4th Gen panels? If you have please add the suppliers name below and ideally a photo or two of the fitted kit.

SkiMad

8. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    I have one I would like to replace on a 4th Gen too.....but I have not found a source that doesn't want 1/2 the price I paid for the bike. I'm riding her as is. Still get a lot of inquiries and comments. Had a teenager ask yesterday what a VFR is? Never heard of one. He still loved it! If you find quality aftermarket fairings reasonable please let us know! Good luck and welcome!

9. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    In this spirit I thought I would provide a sample threat that would be of help. "You're going to sell me those fairings or twelve guys from VFRWorld are going to come over at midnight, drag you out of bed, and explain the situation to you."

You cannot imagine the impossible to find parts that this group has found using this technique.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  10. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Hehe........Seem like VFR so reliable therefore not much spare parts needed :pound:
    Ok Fleebay and Search Tempest might help.