Sargent 2-up seat

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by rigger4343, Oct 29, 2014.

1. rigger4343

rigger4343 New Member

Map
    Hey everyone!

I have almost enough saved up to get a Sargent seat for my VFR. I like the regular Sargent that I see on a lot of bikes and I have sat on one too and really liked it. The one I sat on also feels like an improvement for the passenger as well and since I have a wonderful passenger that loves to ride too, it would be nice to make an improvement for her as well.

I have been pretty set on getting the regular Sargent. But I keep seeing listings on Ebay for the Sargent 2-Up seat. It looks to be a two piece seat and the passenger section looks to be a good bit larger that the regular seat.

Just wondering if anyone has ridden one of these on a 6th gen? Also would be really nice to see a picture of one on a 6th Gen too. I googled that one but could not come up with a picture of that seat on a 6th Gen.

2. JimGregory

JimGregory New Member

OK exactly NOT what you asked for. I got the 2 piece for my 5th gen and it is so perfect for me. Plus my girl who loves to ride with me also loves it. Worlds better for both of us. Sorry..no help here.

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Rigger
    Most of the Sargent seat for 6th Gen is one piece. Do you have a link to that 2 pieces seat?
    If you want your passenger comfy look into Russell Day Long.

4. rigger4343

rigger4343 New Member

Map
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/370908463191?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

There is a link to the ones I see on Ebay all the time. I have seen them on other sites too. Just by looking at it, I am sure it has a better seat for the passenger but it sure would be nice to see a picture of one on a 6th gen VFR. If the rear section of the seat is ugly, I will pass. My girl really does not complain much at all about the stock seat on my bike now but if I could improve it a little for her too, then I would be happy to. I am also guessing the rear cover will not work on it either.

I will probably stick with the regular one piece seat that we all see on the VFR but I thought I would ask about this one too.

5. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
  6. rigger4343

rigger4343 New Member

Map
    I think I am fine with a regular one piece Sargent and that should also be a seat that I can re-sell in the future when the time comes. I have ridden one, just around the neighborhood, and I like it. It also felt like a good improvement for the passenger as well. I was just curious about that 2-up seat since I have seen it on ebay a number of times.

If I had a local seat guy, then I would really consider going that route too. I was thinking of sending my seat off to Spencer and having him rebuild it. But for some reason I just like the idea of getting a completely new seat better.

But like I said, I think I was more curious about that 2-up seat than anything.

7. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I think my link discussed most of the points you bring up including how to find your local seat guy.

Whatever though, a sheet of plywood is more comfortable than the stock in my opinion so anything is an improvement.

8. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Oh wow I didn't know they have two piece :jaw:
    And the passenger seat look comfy :thumb: I think the missus will like it
    Thanks for the link

9. rigger4343

rigger4343 New Member

Map
    I do have one local custom shop where the guys there are really cool. They mainly work on Harleys but they love and work on all bikes. They are about the only guys that would know of a good local custom seat guy. I may have to stop by and ask them.

And by the way tinkerinWstuff.... I think that custom seat that you came up with on your bike looks great!