5 Forced Induction Sportbikes That Made History from RideApart

Discussion in 'VFR in the News' started by Arnzinator, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
  2. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, I love VFRs and all, but that list is skewed. They are talking about production bikes, then they go on to mention an aftermarket supercharger kit installed on a VFR. If they chose this route, they need to include all of the forced induction bikes built. Seems silly just to include ours (and ghost rider's). I do recall that bike though...it looks like the one the guy on VFRD donated to toro for the initial 6th gen build.

3. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    I think its cool they gave a supercharged VFR an honorable mention. I don't think you could have limited the list to just production bikes. Would have been a boring article. Most of the factory force induction bikes were a novelty really. CX500 & 650 Turbos , Yamaha Seca Turbo while collectable now they weren't fire breathers. I do see your point. I would have liked to have seen some of the Kawasaki turbos built by Fritz Egli & Fast Company International from the early 80's. They built a supercharged Vmax that was pretty sick too. Those bikes were making good power even by todays standards.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Looks like the article was gleeped from another of similar title by big time motorcycle guru, Kevin Cameron. Found here":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_induction_in_motorcycles

Lots of pix on Google Images using the operator: supercharged turbocharged motorcycles.

One of the best looking blown bikes IMO was the 1930's BMW GP machine. Another was the blown 50cc Kriedler built for Bonneville. 50 cc Kriedlers were GP bikes.

To gleep or not to gleep. That is questionable.