Looking at 2014 VFR and saw a CB1000R...WOW

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by VFR_max, Nov 11, 2014.

1. VFR_max

VFR_max New Member

Hey Ladies and Gents,

I wanted to see what the new VFR looked like up close, so I went to my local stealer and had to wade through all the bikes, KMC, Ducati, aprilia, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Can-am, oh and there it was on the back row...White Pearl in all it's glory...Very tight and very White...nice bike. They had them stacked pretty close so no sitting...I didn't try. Then I pushed over to the sports and saw a few nakeds...Don't know why but the CB1000r caught my eye, but I couldn't stop looking at it.

2013...with all the shiny bits. Reminded me of my CB1 except bigger and badder...oh and it isn't blue.
    Not sure why, but it doesn't seem as though it's very popular compared to the ....VFR.
    Us yanks like the faring bikes better than nakeds I guess???

The price was lowered, but not the best I've seen. $9,988 plus tx and License.

Anyways...That's what I get for looking.

Cheers

Bill
    cb1000r1.jpg
    cb1000r2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. E.SLC.

E.SLC. New Member

United States
    Map
    CB1000r is definitely a nice bike maybe not so much for two up touring. And you are right, naked bikes are very popular almost everywhere in the world except here.

You can have my VFR 1200 for that price without paying tax :)

3. 74ullc

74ullc New Member

4. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    For the style I think I'd rather have the fz-09. 70 lbs lighter and a few grand cheaper

5. VFR_max

VFR_max New Member

No...didn't seem as though there was enough room to stand it straight up. I didn't want something stupid to happen.

I saw a couple, here in so cal, that were $7,500. Brand new...They must really want them to move.

6. V4 Matt

V4 Matt New Member

United States
    Map
    I test rode one. its fun and quick, but it's got nothing on my Tuono.

7. E.SLC.

E.SLC. New Member

United States
    Map
    I guess that's how they are... Easy to buy but very hard to get rid of.

8. VFR_max

VFR_max New Member

Yeah...I read that the Tuono is a burner for sure, but looking at the price it's 14, 15 K.
    After looking at a few reviews, it looks to the CB1KR isn't the fastest or has the most gadgets, but very good at what it does in a crowded Naked market in Europe. (and niche here)
    2014 Honda CB1000R Review | Secret Italian Love Child

By doing a nation wide used bike search on Cycle Trader...I found 36 of them on 2011 up models.
    My comparison, I did the same search using the VFR 1200 but with 2010 and up. There were 60+. ((apple and oranges)(VFRs and CBs))
    What's up with the 2010 VFR 1200? There were a ton of them, but not one 2011 model. Must be an excellent bike, nobody wants to sell it.

Is it the price, the bike, or a combination of both. Basically, there are a bunch of bikes out there for sale.

Cheers,

Bill

9. Fizzix

Fizzix New Member

I like their look, but I'd def rock a Tuono before a CB1000R...

I miss my '03 Tuono :(

10. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    The reason you didn't see any 2011's is Honda didn't make a VFR1200 in 2011 (in the US). They also are not making a 2014 1200 (again, only in US).

11. TampaDave

TampaDave New Member

Yeah I was drooling over one of those the other day.

I love my VFR because, well you know what they say about only having one bike. But the reality is, a man needs more than one bike. So pick up a used ST1100 for those iron-butt rides and this little nekkid rascule for everything else and you should be good to go.

12. whitedove

whitedove New Member

I have both a 2014 vfr 800 and a 2011cb1000r - sold my 2006 vfr. i love um both. they are different bikes for what you would want them for. the CB1000r is quick and fun in urban traffic but not as comfortable on trips over 150 miles. i usual ride on the weekend on a single ride from 250 miles - 350. the vfr is fun when you want and comfortable in the twists and the interstate. i use the cb1000r for a 10 mile commute during the week or if i go around 100 miles. the perfect bike would be a vfr1000. the fairing and windscreen on the vfr is nice and the naked looks bad to the bone but if i had to have one bike its the vfr.

13. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    This is what I am coming down to. The VFR is my best do-everything bike ever.

The sales manager at the shop bought a CB1000r. He sold it on for a Triumph Tiger. He said that CB1000r was going to get him it serious trouble. They are pretty cool bikes as long as you can keep from getting tickets or getting killed.

14. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Have had my 2014 a week and love it. It's been raining here, so I've only been out a couple of times. Really like the quick shift option, works great (only for upshifts).

15. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    Allyance, what did you pay for your 800 if you don't mind me asking. Saw one today- $13,999.

16. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    They were asking $12,999, used with 2650 miles. They gave me $3650 for my 03.

MSRP for Deluxe was $13,499, +$950 Saddlebags, & $300 for quick shifter = $14,749 total new.

Price was $11,000 plus my bike (including tax), got extended warranty for 4 more years, for a total of 4 1/2 years of Honda Warranty.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  17. whitedove

whitedove New Member

I saw a not deluxe new 2014 for $11,888. online in tampa and one in texas. wholesale 2014 deluxe for the dealer is $12,140. you got a great deal on your 03. its like you got the saddlebags and shifter for no cost.