2015 VFRworld Calendar - Now Accepting Photos!

Discussion in 'VFRworld News' started by michael, Nov 14, 2014.

1. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    VFRworld - It's that time again! We are heading into the holidays, and it's time for us to start working together to create next year's 2015 VFRworld Calendar. As most of you know, the Calendar has been a holiday tradition for many years, and every year the quality seems to get better and better.

The Calendar is a great way to show off our bikes and our creativity, and it's also a great way to support VFRworld. The annual sale of the Calendar covers a large portion of the monthly web hosting and software costs for the site.

As in previous years, the photos for the calendar will be selected from submissions from our members. Now is your chance to see your beautiful motorcycle, in all its shiny glory, representing a month in 2015.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY!

The rules for photo submissions are simple.

1. It must be VFR-related.
    2. You must submit a high resolution photo - over 2000 pixel width would be ideal, which equates to 11"x9". Low resolution photos cannot be enlarged without becoming pixelated.
    3. All years and models are welcome - in fact, the more variety, the better.
    4. Photos which were selected for previous calendars are not eligible. However, a photo previously submitted but not chosen can be re-submitted.
    5. Each member is allowed to submit only 5 photos, so choose wisely.
    6. Classy, artsy, colorful photos are highly encouraged! In the past, the photos selected have been primarily action shots or shots of VFRs in interesting situations (as opposed to a snapshot of your bike sitting in your driveway).

Sticking with tradition, the VFRworld moderators will decide which photos will be included in the calendar. This will ensure that we are selecting photos that will create a well-rounded work of art, including a variety of years and models, settings, and users. Please note that typically, over a hundred photos are submitted, and there are only 13 finalists. We have submitted a request to all the world leaders to add more months to the calendar, but to date our correspondence has not been returned.

Photos can be submitted to the following page: http://www.dropevent.com/gallery/down80928
    Just click on Upload Photos.

IMPORTANT!! When you upload, you must include the following information in the caption:
    VFRworld Username, Catchy Title, Year Make Model, Photo Location

The caption field is only one line, so you need to separate the fields with commas, as shown above. If you make a mistake on the caption, you won't be able to edit, you'll need to upload your photo again with a new caption. IF YOU DO NOT ENTER THIS INFORMATION, THEN WE HAVE NO WAY OF CONSIDERING YOUR PHOTO!

NOTE: Please don't post your photos on this thread, they won't officially be submitted until you post them on the official Calendar page.

As always, thanks for your support, it is the community that makes VFRworld the best VFR site in the world.

2. Crazy Commie

Crazy Commie New Member

What's the deadline for this? Mine's getting repainted and may be done early - mid December.

3. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    Are there examples of previous years calendars?

4. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
  5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Prolly sometime in mid-December...sometimes we push it a bit...sometimes we just aren't too sure what we're doing 'round here. If you supply us with beer & womanz, I'll be sure you get the cover. Hope that helps. :confused:

6. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Hard at it.

I'm happy to report that I'm making progress and still on target to complete the work on my bike in time to make the 2020 VFRWorld calender Michael. :lol:

[​IMG]

7. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    uploaded a few, sorry just boring landscapes.

8. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Well bloody hell fire. I sure had a mega blond moment trying to upload pix. A bunch went on without the caption. Finally got them on with the caption but now there are duplicates of all mine. Oh well. I am getting to be like fine wine.....well aged......

9. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    Can we get a calendar of Jev's avatars PLEASE?

10. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes!!! But instead of a monthly pic can we get ones that are peel by days with the pics!!???

Sent from my iPad using Using my thumbs

11. Sentry

Sentry New Member

Australia
    I'm having major dramas trying to get mine uploaded. Might have to try again tomorrow.
    I have some cracker shots from a photo-shoot last month. Can't wait to share them!

12. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    The instructions were not really there on that site as to how to fill in the subject line/ You have to down load the photo first but before you submit, you go in and change the caption. That photo sharing site is confusing if you don't use it often. Good luck.

13. Sentry

Sentry New Member

Australia
    Didn't get that far. Kept getting site/server errors. It's working this morning so I uploaded a few. I had three I wanted to post up but the fourth one was a us stuffing around in between shoots and it didn't turn out too bad (you'll guess which one pretty easily). Sorta looks like a Chico roll poster. :D

Love those pics Randy; you live in a good part of the world :)

14. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Thank you. But a couple of them were taken in Yosemite National Park in California. I live about 1600km north on the west coast of Canada. It has been below 0 C last few nights. Salt brine is being applied to the roads already.

15. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    Question: I opened a pic in Photoshop Elements to see what size it was. It was 2048x1536 pixels but it gives a document size of 28.444" wide and 21.333" tall. I don't understand. Do I just go with the pixel dimensions?

16. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    I can can hardly wait to see the finished product there Stosh. Your bike as Im sure I have complimented previously is truly a work of art. Almost seems a shame to cover the engine and frame with the fairings. Hmmmmmmmm, perhaps if we could get someone to make clear or perhaps dark smoked fairings.

17. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Aw man! Willya knock it off already Zoom-Zoom. :pout:

You're starting to remind me of my buddy Pez because every time he gets a cool idea it always winds up costing me money. :frusty: :lol:

BTW - Oddly enough I seem to remember reading a post somewhere about a company that actually made see-through fairing panels for motorcycles.

18. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    I'll take that as a yes.

19. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Similar question as RobVG. One of the photos I want to submit is 529x396 giving a size of 60.6 KB. Too small?
    That's what she said.

20. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    please. ..please. ..please!!