BC mechanic who can wrench on older VF500 for cash?

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by ychurly, Nov 18, 2014.

1. ychurly

ychurly New Member

Anyone know of any garage mechanics in the Fraser Valley,BC area who can help me get an '85 VF500F back to street ready? Was running before storage 5+ years ago. Upon first start up last summer, ran but had idle/choke/throttle issues. probably needs a good carb cleaning. I do remember I had the butterflys synced before storage so the sync should be fine. Just dirty/gummed from storage. And the throttle & choke cables are sticky.
    Hubby doesn't want to deal with it (Harley guy) and son hasn't picked up the slack since being given it last summer. It's either for sale (see For Sale forum) or I need someone who can get it on the road again for me. Will pay, and I'm great at eBay-ing for any required parts. I loved my little 'Ceptor even though I have 2 Harleys now, which is why it sat so long.

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I would try to help but you would end up hating me. Hell, you could be my next door neighbour for all I know. But I can't say I am very good at wrenching. Make do with mine by trial and error but mine is a totally different animal.

I will keep an ear to the ground and ask around see what I can come up for you. If you get it going, grab the old man and lets go for a ride.

3. ychurly

ychurly New Member

Thanks anyways, I sold the bike to a good home... Who knows how to wrench!