wiring front turn signals.

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by karl61, Nov 21, 2014.

1. karl61

karl61 New Member

I need some help wiring my front turn signals. My manual is a thousand miles away.

A little history: I had two rear signals wired up front. I found some front signals on Ebay, took off those signals and mounted the new ones but this is where I am stuck at the moment.

Observations and notes:

facing forward on the left side I have a signal that has two orange wires and a green wire. And above that I have a group of wires: two orange and what looks like two grays or light blues.

On the right side, I have a signal that has two light blue wires and a green one. And above that I have two greens, a black, a brown, a light blue and a orange.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. RotaryRocketeer

RotaryRocketeer New Member

Model and year of your bike will allow people to provide more accurate info.

3. karl61

karl61 New Member

Yep! I agree. 1983 VF750F

4. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    83 Intercetor

left running light = orange with white leader
    left turn signal = orange
    left grd = green

right running light = light blue with white leader
    right turn signal = light blue
    right grd = green

5. karl61

karl61 New Member

Thanks. I got them working, running lights and all, but now I lost my rear turn signals lol. The rear parking light is working but I can't see in the day time if the brake light is working. I still have a light blue, orange and brown and black wire on upper right area open Could those wires not connecting with something cause the brake lights no to work?

The issue at the beginning was when I first bought the bike, it didn't have turn signals. I bought some from Ebay but it turned out I had bought two sets of rear signals. The mechanic, somehow, wired a set of rear signals on the front and got them working, but signals only, no running lights.

6. karl61

karl61 New Member

update: got them all working. I found where that extra light blue and orange wire connect too. When the signals were only working in the front they seemed to blink pretty fast, but when I connected that extra blue and orange they slowed down and the rear signals started blinking.