Rode the vfr 800 today!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by sunofwolf, Nov 23, 2014.

1. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I rode with a full gas tank, something I rarely do because it tips over so easy when full, but I discovered I could ride it faster simply because I didn't worry about the amount of gas in the tank. I was using the vtech a lot. The vfr seems to like a lot of rpm's above 7,000. I did hit 10,000 rpm and it didn't seem to bother it at all in fact it ran great. Perhaps the additives were helping a lot-fuel stalizer, techron, and gas line anti freeze. plus odd octane, 89 and a little 91. I wore special socks two pair to fill up my over sized boots, super heavy Michael Jordan jacket and super thick leather pants. Just seem to fly down the road/ I figured out why my heated grips didn't work=the switch wasn't in the right spot. The vfr is a really great bike, heavy but made very well-but has to be customized by the rider with your not very skinny and tall. I got to charge up the battery-it didn't start up too easy-drained out battery.

2. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Moooonchiiiiiilllldddd!!!!

3. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
  4. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Lint, My Eyes!!! Aughh!!!

5. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    what no:potstir: popcorn!

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
  7. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    duccmann- get yourself checked out for turrets....

8. 74ullc

74ullc New Member

Wow, SOW, that was a fascinating story! So having more gas in the tank makes the bike faster? Really cool observation. Do you think the doubled up socks helped to offset weight of the extra gas and lower the CG? Very possible that was the factor that made all the difference. You will have to try again and let us know of your observations.

I was worried about you, you haven't been on lately. I was worried that the bike fell on you because of a soft spot in your wooden garage floor, trapped under the bike with even just 1.24657 gallons of 23.56% 89 and 76.44% 91 could have gotten real bad in a hurry. Imagine with the full tank! Oh my!!!! :hss:

Anyways...my fear was that you were trapped and after succumbing to your injuries the cats were eating you. Good think I was wrong. :funky::llama::kaboom::banana::vtr2::gosteelers::flypig::tyrannosaurus::pig::encore::grouphug::smileyfb:

9. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    duccmann, nevermind.....................

10. RotaryRocketeer

RotaryRocketeer New Member

I'm particularly interested by the fact that your bike runs so well at 10k rpm. That's absolutely astounding! I wonder if anyone else's steed purrs at 10k. It probably had something to do with those badass leather pants. I'm going to compile all your posts and put your name in for a job in R&D at Honda. Imagine the possibilities....

11. rjgti

rjgti New Member

WTF is this sob talking about

12. RotaryRocketeer

RotaryRocketeer New Member

C'mon man, you've been around a while, surely you haven't forgotten about the unapologetic whirlwind of motorcycling glory that is SOW?

13. rjgti

rjgti New Member

lmao soo true

14. 74ullc

74ullc New Member

Hey RobVG! I can't get my vtec to work? Is there a trick to it on the first gens? I want to use it a lot like SOW. Where did he find a super heavy MJ jacket? I was watching In Living Color last night and they had them, but I looked and looked and can't find them. I tried the big tree....walmark, kmark and the even the fancy target. Whew....they got all kinds of purty stuff in the target, but not super heavy MJ jackets.

Today I saw some squirrels running around in the yard chasing each other for fun I guess they need to find nuts because its winter but they just run around chasing each others tails and running right over all the nuts on the ground and still even in the tree because its winter but some of the acorns are still in the tree but I need to get it cut down because of the wind could blow it down and hurt the baby squirrels because it has a hollow place in the middle up top of it where they live in the tree-oh well-next year to be sure I will but my dog really barks loud when he see the squirrels running on there other side of the fence=he cant get to them because he cant jump the fence but he want to!:banana::vader::bluesbros::fish::rambo::flock::target::boxing::tea::mech::bathbaby::cheer2: