2010 Honda VFR 1200F for sale

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by E.SLC., Nov 25, 2014.

1. E.SLC.

E.SLC. New Member

United States
    Map
  2. JustInTime

JustInTime New Member

Hey ESLC,
    I'm new to the forum and an avid Honda fan. I'm days away from purchasing a vfr1200/DCT and need some feedback from someone who has one. Can you give me the pros and cons of the DCT through your eyes? I have been following your threads and Reading about your Mods ect. Kind of surprised you're selling.

-
    Justintime

3. E.SLC.

E.SLC. New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Justin,
    I don't have the DCT version sorry.
    But from what I have heard is that the DCT is awesome. No cons.

Now the VFR is a great bike but I don't think it's the right bike for me...

After riding for about 4-5 years I owned 5 different bikes, the reason why so many is because none of them made me really happy/smile while riding it, so I kept getting different ones in the hope to find one I like so I would keep it for years.

And currently I have a Honda VTX 1800 (a cruiser) which I will keep for 2 up riding.
    For some reason I never felt connected if you know what I mean with any of the bikes I had? Is it me? Am I broken lol? Or maybe I didn't find that perfect bike?

Everyone loves their VFR's. And that is exactly how I wanted to feel about mine too. And I know it is a great bike that many people would love to own but again it's not the right one for me :(

For some reason I could never connect with that bike (no grin/excitement/fun factor/happiness if any while riding it) and I know that is weird because like I said above everyone loves their VFR's and they are great bikes.

So I question myself from time to time if it's me or what? I have no clue to be honest...

I am afraid I may regret it later but there is only one way to find out.

I think I want' to try a supper-sport (the comfort is not that important to me)

And I'm planning on getting a Honda CBR600RR/1000RR or GSXR 750 and hopefully that direct explosiveness of the inline 4 will cure my strange cravings?!

4. iamzombie

iamzombie New Member

I'm with you tbh... I haven't quite given up on my VFR 1200 yet, but I know exactly what you mean. I bought my VFR to hopefully find a happy medium between my R1 and a full on touring bike, and I can honestly say everytime I throw a leg over the VFR I look at the R1 and end up switching bikes. It is a solidly built and (probably) reliable machine, but it's just too passionless for my tastes as it sits in stock form.

I am going to hope an ECU/exhaust/decat will save me from having to sell it, but if I can't find some of the excitement I expect on a sporty bike, I'll be posting it for sale just like you have.

5. E.SLC.

E.SLC. New Member

United States
    Map
    Thank you so much for understanding since nobody else does :)

All my friends think I'm crazy lol

6. E.SLC.

E.SLC. New Member

United States
    Map

7. JustInTime

JustInTime New Member

Thanks for the honesty.

I had a CBR900 back in the day and absolutely loved that bike. So I know what you mean about wanting something a little more spirited.

You're not broken. You just havent found your dream girl yet.

I think this is the bike for me... pleanty of grunt and good road manners....

Thanks again for the input and good luck with your next bike!