I hate the raining of the gas!!!!

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Leedawg, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    Fuel pump started leaking where the two housings were joined. A LOT. So off comes the fuel pump and she sits dry for couple weeks. Plus it got COLD!!!!! Put the new fuel pump back on today along with fresh fuel lines and new filter. Cranked her up and watched it leak like crazy. I know its normal because I went through it with the carb reinstall awhile back.......BUT damn it drives me nuts! :confused:
    Sorry for the rant.

PS Chinese reg rectifier oozing after couple thousand miles. :chaingun: Get what you pay for! Looks like I will be doing "The Drill" this winter! Thanks for all the contributors on the forum as I would be totally lost without you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Check fuel lines for cracks, including under the clamps !

3. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    Will check line to the carbs. The rest are brand new and fresh.

4. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    Ps. I know that when I replace that last piece you will be right! Probably cracked right at the edge of the clamp on the carbs. Just like the piece that fell apart connecting to the petcock when I took it apart! Keep them critters warm and thanks for the advice in advance!

5. Leedawg

Leedawg New Member

Map
    Im dry up into the T that goes under the baseplate. Guess that means Im gonna have to pull the carbs eh? :cower:
    I notice there are some soft fuel lines heading down the middle. If its one of those am i going to be able to change it????????