Aftermarket LH Switchblock for 2014 VFR800F?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by NZCam, Nov 26, 2014.

1. NZCam

NZCam New Member

Australia
    Has anyone thought to do, or seen an aftermarket LH switchblock for the new Viffer? A common criticism seems to be the after-thought-esque looking switch for the traction-control, and the indicators being positioned below the horn and instead of vice-versa. :crazy:

Surely there's a market for a swap-out?

2. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Not sure if this is exactly what you're describing NZCam but I'll be swapping out the stock left side switchblock and wiring in this aftermarket machined aluminum 4 button bar switch on my '03 VFR800.
    I'll also be swapping out the stock right side switchblock and wiring in a matching aftermarket machined aluminum 2 button stop/run start switch as well.

I got these bar switches from Bike Sport Developments in the UK. The right side bar switch is offered in either 2 or 3 button style. The left side bar switch is offered in either 4 or 5 button style.

The switch buttons come in your choice of colors and you can have the bar switches configured any way you like using either momentary or latching type switches.

The 2 button right side bar switch housing comes engraved with the stop/run and start markings on it. You can also choose to have the left side bar switch housing custom engraved if you like.

Here's the link to the Bike Sport Developments webpage. But be forewarned my friend,before you open the link below make sure you're sitting down and have taken your heart attack pills today because these things aren't cheap.

Click me.>>>http://www.bikesportdevelopments.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1963

[​IMG]

3. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    ^^^ Great site Stosh......:cool:

I think if I had to do the job, I would buy a 6th gen switch and add aftermarket switch something like Stosh showed. There are other options on the cruiser and touring side of the market.