Bazzaz and New exhaust - need help!

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Aruvis, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Aruvis

Aruvis New Member

hello everyone ! need your help !

Right my ride is : VFR 1200 F 2010

Ive just boosted it up with a new exhaust Two Bross Carbon edition, K&N air filter, a bazzaz z-bomb and finally got bazzaz Z-FI (fuel management system in place).

So my question Bazzaz management system comes with 2 stock fuel maps Ive read some where 1. for stock exhaust and 2. for after maker exhaust.

Does anyone have more info on it, as well if I haven't tweaked stocked maps will it be any benefit ?

Thanks you all wonderful people for your help in advance :)

2. dynajohn

dynajohn New Member

Map
    Aruvis, I don't know if you ever got an answer but I assume the Bazzaz Z-F1came with a computer disc with instructions on using the supplied software which will contain the 2 maps. I use a Power Commander so am not familiar with the Bazzaz but I think they are similar. Load the software disc on your portable computer and follow the supplied instructions on loading the map supplied for the the aftermarket exhaust. If the Bazzaz Z-F1 is like the Power Commander and you have to set it up for zero and 100 percent throttle position you are going to need to take it to a dyno tuner to set the 100 percent throttle position.

3. Aruvis

Aruvis New Member

Thanks DynoJohn, I haven't really got a precise answer. It seems I have 2 options:

1. take it to a dyno bazzaz mapper
    2. buy a self mapper and play some more :))

but thanks for reply :)

4. dynajohn

dynajohn New Member

Map
    If I were you I would buy the Bazzaz self mapping device. This will require you weld in a 18 X 1.5 mm stainless steel bung ahead of the cat for the air fuel broad band sensor. Personally I removed the exhaust header and then cut out the cat converter and replaced it with a 2 into 1 exhaust collector. this makes the stock exhaust header into a 4 into 2 into 1 header system. I welded the 18 mm exhaust sensor bung behind the oil pan in the pipe. Removal of the cat and installing a 2/1 collector in it's place is worth 6 HP on a properly mapped VFR 1200. Once you install the Bazzaz self mapping device you have control of tuning your bike. You need to decide if having control yourself is worth the difference in cost over having the bike tuned on a dyno by a Bazzaz certified tuner. If you plan on any further changes in the future or you just like controlling the tune yourself go with the Bazzaz self mapping device, if not then just have it tuned.