1986 Vfr750 for sale??????

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ViffeRod, Dec 14, 2014.

1. ViffeRod

ViffeRod New Member

Hi everyone I have a bit of a problem. I picked up a white Vfr750 1986 model a couple of years ago with the intention of a full restoration. My situation has now changed after going through a marriage bust up and it looks like the project will have to go on the back burner. Looks like I'm going to have to move and not have room for all the bike parts. The bike is totally stripped, totally, engine out, frame dismantled etc. what do you all think my chances are of offloading it in bits? Do I part it out or sell as a job lot? I do still plan to restore one (one day) but think I'll have to get rid of this one for now. Any advice would be appreciated?

2. NormK

NormK New Member

Problems is it isn't going to be worth much I'm looking at picking one up at the moment that was on ebay, looks pretty good body/paint wise, paint original, runs well and it didn't get a bid at $750. The other one I have had for a few yeas now I paid $200 for, it wasn't running, needed carbs cleaned and it runs well now

3. ViffeRod

ViffeRod New Member

Yeah pretty much what I was thinking, I'll see if I can work out something as far as storage goes and see if I can hang on for a bit longer. Cheers for that

4. helpgavintakefirstride

helpgavintakefirstride New Member

Well I need carbs and some parts for an 86 we might be able to work something out if interested in selling some or all parts at reasonable price

5. NormK

NormK New Member

Gavin, I'm afraid postage from Aus is cost prohibitive
    Rod the bike I was looking at sold for $775, and the Hunter Valley is a million miles from Melb

6. RotaryRocketeer

RotaryRocketeer New Member

There are a couple of parts that could really help me out if you're willing to box them up. Just a couple of light small things and I'd pay for packaging and shipping. If there's any way we could work that out, send me a PM.

On another note, sorry for your troubles mate.