CBR600F3 Wheel and fork

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by ti_bob_85, Jan 6, 2015.

1. ti_bob_85

ti_bob_85 New Member

Canada
    Hi everyone,
    I have a 3rd gen VFR with 100,000 miles and I still love her. My question is does the fork/wheel/rotor/caliper of a CBR600F3 1998 will fit on my bike? Someone would like to trade his CBR for one of my car that I do not use anymore and I can’t afford to pay the extra cash for the licence plate of that bike. So I would like to use what I need to upgrade the VFR then use the mechanics to built myself a buggy : )
    I know that the spring will need to be changed due to the weight but would it fit in there?

2. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    two.jpg
    Yes, the front wheel of an F3 will fit, direct bolt in using your stock spacers and axle. The 91 you see has a 98 F3 front hoop with ebc rotors for the appropriate wheel. I had a used abused race bike come into a shop I was working in back and wanted to try the front wheel on my black bike. It worked even though the F3 had two pinch bolts on the bottom of each fork leg compared to "our" with one on each leg. Lighter wheel and lighter steering, I returned the wheel to the customers bike and bought one off ebay. That was ten years ago? The white bike does not ride as well as the black one, bear in mind, I have a fox shock along with the full race tech gold valve set up in that bike. The white one, has Traxxion Dynamics straight rate fork springs with the front end lowered aboot 10mm or so? Stock rear shock, black one has more top end too, black has 80,000 miles white has 17,000 miles.

If I were you, I would get the front wheel and not deal with the forks. The cartridge forks in our bikes are pretty decent with some work. I will get a Penske shock in the future for the white one, just keep it a secret from the wife. Cheers...

3. ti_bob_85

ti_bob_85 New Member

Canada
    Thanks for the info. I'll definitively change the front wheel if it's lighter. For the fork, I think it will be too much trouble.