3rd Gen Center / Side stand

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by bagpipes, Jan 31, 2015.

1. bagpipes

bagpipes New Member

I've done some looking on here but coming up empty handed.

Does anyone know the Honda part number for the center stand option on the 3rd gen bikes? I need one for a '91 but like most, I come up empty handed. I'm looking for the part number in hopes that Honda used it on other model bikes as well (as many companies do for other parts). Not sure if anyone has explored that before but I'll give it go as a last resort.

ALSO, does anyone know the part number for the side stand "cover / plastic" that attaches to the side stand and matches the paint for the same year bike? I "need" one of those too.

I'll be checking with some salvage places too but figured a purchase from a dealer may be a bit more $$, but will likely include the hardware for a nominal cost.

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Doubt you'll ever find the sidestand cover, rare and rarer. Some smart lad with an original to copy could spit these out of a 3-D printer with ease.

3. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Someone swiped mine or it fell off after 23 years of uncomplaining service. RIP..

Not a clue on the PN of that sidestand. On the 90-93s like the seat cowl, they were factoryfarkles.

4. bagpipes

bagpipes New Member

Why are the 3rd gen parts so elusive? 2nd and 4th seem to be a dime a dozen on line and the Honda parts web sites seem to have all of those part numbers.

Was there an issue with these years?

5. vfrcapn

vfrcapn Member

United States
    Map
    CStand: 50500-MY7-000 also need 50505-MT4-000

S-Stand cover
    white: 50533-MT4-000ZD
    Blue: 50533-MT4-000ZC
    Red: 50533-MT4-000ZA

If you find the white one let me know, you can have my first born....

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  6. Badbilly

United States
    Just the opposite. The 90-93s are coveted. See the world press on bikes of those years.

7. rjgti

rjgti New Member

8. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Coveted like your neighbors wife :homer: :lol: Me gots two of dem, I am all set :loco:

9. bagpipes

bagpipes New Member

How did you manage to score both of your neighbours wives? That’s impressive!!

10. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    20140605_171729.jpg
    The black one is the first wife, it/she has been with me since 95, the white one was brought home on a trailer, and a lot of work went into it to make it road worthy. My living breathing real wife is jealous of the "first wife" and she tolerates the reincarnated one. I cant take credit for the "first wife" thing, thats what Stevie Ray Vaughan called his guitar...:rip: SRV :rockband:

No neighbors have motorcycles btw :loco:

11. bagpipes

bagpipes New Member

I like. (particularly the white one - my 91 is in need of some repairs to the plastics and I'm thinking white should fit my specs for a re-spray ...... way down the road)

My 91 was also brought home on a trailer just 2 days ago and it would appear that it is in need of whole lot of works as well. I "thought" it seemed pretty good but the more I look into it, the more I see how badly it's been neglected over the years.

Example - I wanted to remove the fuel tank today only to discover that it doesn't have a mounting bolt. Just a pin that slides out ...... :confused-new: Everything, everything that has ever been removed for maintenance appears to be re-secured with hardware store nuts and bolts. I'm actually glad it's winter so I'm not tempted to just fire it up and see how she drives.

12. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Remember, the center stand requires a new center support as the center support without does not allow the stand.

Sidestand covers are unobtainium. I sent a reconstituted one to Airtech for duplication. CAll them and ask if they ever plan on making them.

I am thinking of taking my OEM cover to a shop and having them make one out of aluminum so they'll quit breaking and falling off.

Larry

13. bagpipes

bagpipes New Member

I found a stand complete with all original hardware AND the mounting bracket. It wasn't uber cheap but when somebody offers you a price and you only pause for a moment to mutter "that's fair" - then it's a good day.

Moving forward, I'm still empty with the side stand cover but it's still winter and I have plenty of time to locate one to clone. (giving up on finding an original but internet searches provide lots to do when it's 30 below freezing and there is no time to pull anything apart. - im just collecting what's needed so I'm ready when I can tear into the bike)

14. bagpipes

bagpipes New Member

I found a stand complete with all original hardware AND the mounting bracket. It wasn't uber cheap but when somebody offers you a price and you only pause for a moment to mutter "that's fair" - then it's a good day.

Moving forward, I'm still empty with the side stand cover but it's still winter and I have plenty of time to locate one to clone. (giving up on finding an original but internet searches provide lots to do when it's 30 below freezing and there is no time to pull anything apart. - im just collecting what's needed so I'm ready when I can tear into the bike)

15. Badbilly

United States
    The ABS sidestand covers were OEM. The seat cowls and centerstands were non included. It would follow that there are fewer cowls and centerstands made than numbers of complete bikes of that vintage.

The cowls are cosmetic and available. The centerstands are not.. Seems like mine was aboot $100.00 when one was still available from Honda.

As to why they are not still made, this is not a legal requirement.

16. quixrace

quixrace New Member

I've had a saved search on eBay for a 90-93 center stand for over a year and I got one hit. It was a buy-it-now and I spent one minute too long thinking about it and it was gone. 3rd gen center stands seem to be unobtanium. I'm thinking of taking the center stand off my '90 and cloning/reverse-engineering one for my '93.

17. Lagtango

Lagtango New Member

Ukraine
    Map
    Hi there!
    Good morning/afternoon/evening to all of you! I am a new kid on the block, so please do not be offended if I start asking dummy questions. Thanks.
    Any progress with aluminum clone of the side stand cover?
    I would love to get one since mine is gone (never had it when purchased) and there’s no chance to get it in the nearest future. Thank you.

18. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Right now on fleabay is a new sidestand cover by Thurn out of Germany.

Let the carnage begin.

Larry

19. Lagtango

Lagtango New Member

Ukraine
    Map
    Thanx a lot! I'm gonna check it out.

20. fog ducker

fog ducker New Member

Canada
    Map
    I have a center stand off of a 93. PM if interested.