The VFR is Gone

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by fitzharris, Jan 31, 2015.

1. fitzharris

fitzharris New Member

Sold the 2002 VFR ABS a couple of weeks ago. Bought this bike after decades riding various BMWs. It was a great bike, it did everything well. Inexpensive to maintain and a blast wring out. I put 13K miles on it in 1.5 years. Moving on to the 2016 BMW R1200RS that will be out in the spring. Goodbye and thanks to all on this site for your contributions.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

You know you don't have to leave the site, you can always hang out and shoot the $#it, although we probably wouldn't be too helpful with your BMW issues. Regardless, have a good one and ATGATT.

3. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    You'll be back......enjoy the new Beemer while your missing the VFR
    :-D

4. fitzharris

fitzharris New Member

I may be back, but it's doubtful. Nothing wrong with the VFR...fantastic bike mechanically, performance wise, maintenance wise....and on and on. European motorcycles have a certain attraction for me ; cannot explain why but they do. The VFR was a great fill in experiment. For me it's newer KTMs, BMWs or Duatis from now forward. I can only afford to have one in the garage at a time though, so the next one will be a BMW.

5. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Yup I know how ya feel...having a duc. Make sure ya drop buy with some pictures. Good luck and ride safe.....

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I'm gather'n a possee. Line up boys.

Pop back in from time to time. Door is never locked. Well it was for a coule a few years back.

7. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    You should really look at the new VFR800, I could not believe how much better it is than my '03. Not startling at first, but just better in fit & finish, handling and overall refinement. I was considering going to the R1200RS, but you can get 2 VFR800's for the price of a new R1200RS! Bought my Deluxe slightly used with panniers and quick shifter option for $500 less than the price of the stock Deluxe. Sounds like you are going to do a lot more touring, than sport riding.

8. Laker

Laker New Member

Canada
    Map
    Uh Huh. The BMW thing I don't get. Back in 1986 I was cruising in Lake Placid on my 1983 GS750E and noticed a massive get together on the grounds where the 1980 Olympic flame was. "Lets camp here" I said to my pal on his 1981 Yamaha RD350LC, this should be fun. What a bunch of pretentious tools. Going on endlessly about their R65/ Somethings and K75's, all the while wearing their safety vests. Jesus... Have fun Fitz