Helibar Fitment

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by leafy2, Feb 26, 2015.

1. leafy2

leafy2 New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm in the process of selling some Helibars on e-Bay, tho considering the amount of interest shown so far I think they'll be going back into the vault til summer. Anyway, someone has asked me a question that I can't seem to answer. Does anyone know whether these bars, taken from a '95 Fourth gen will fit the earlier (90-93) Third Gen? The prospective buyer has worries concerning the clearance twixt bars and fairing/screen. I've already ascertained that fork diameters are identical so no worries there, but can anyone help regarding this potential incompatibility? Thanks.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Unless the owner of "Heli" has retired with mucho pesos to that paradise called East Timor, or you get the protective shield of the Wonder Women who IMO really should not be in communication with anyone, Heli is very responsive to customer requests for information.

The original bars for the 90-93s are no longer made. The mach 1 91 decided one day to fall over and one bar got bent. I wanted to buy a new set. Las Chicas told me no soap. I finally talked to the boss and he fabbed up a set that would fit my bike. All this for the same price.

IMO your question would be best addressed talking to the folks at Heli..

25 pesos and shipping will get ya one bent and one unbent for a 90-93..

3. richierex

richierex New Member

United Kingdom
    Why put them back in the vault, they arent gold? Like I said on the other site when you asked the same question, you will be able to sell them easily enough to a RC36 / 2 owner, and while it would be nice to know if they are backwards compatible its not really a problem especially if you dont really want to sell:potstir::confusion:

4. leafy2

leafy2 New Member

United Kingdom
    Actually It never came to compatibility issues. I ended up sticking them on e-Bay. where they certainly seemed to attract attention- in the end they were snapped up by some guy from Athens- obviously we've been seriously misled by all these articles banging on about how Greece is skint:lemo: He shouldn't have too many concerns either regarding corrosion where the (less-than-perfect) powder coating has flaked.