This is what you look like when you crash without gear

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Lint, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
  2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Is that a PSA? If not it should be.

3. BTF/PTM

BTF/PTM New Member

Germany
  4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    That is a PSA.. or an ad for Hunts Tomato Sauce. The real thing is rarely shown I suppose to maintain political correctness and not to traumatize the churrins in drivers ed.

Better makeup and effects on any of the first 2-3 minutes of "Bones" for nine seasons.

5. Badbilly

United States
  6. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    You forgot to mention that the Harley dudes use nail polish on their toes.

7. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
  8. Badbilly

United States
    Yes, it is "out there." The opinion was directed not so much as to "it" being out there but why the real thing is not used in areas like drivers ed, drivers training, impaired driving PSAs, MSF, AMA ect., instead of the above. Well done but once again, a departure from reality and sanitized so as not to offend.

9. Badbilly

United States

Not really.. If your local harleydoods are like my local harleydoods, it's better that they keep their boots on, especially in public places. :)

10. Aimbot9000

Aimbot9000 New Member

United States
    Map
    Makes me feel lucky that my one squid crash only had me scrubbing sand and plastic out of my rashed up forearms and knee.

11. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    When I was out in Nashville, I was at the Harley dealer with my Harley riding dad and brother. While we were there, an older gentleman came into the dealership with BOTH hands wrapped and in a cast. Obviously he wasn't wearing gloves and I thought, yeah, that must suck, until my brother pointed out that he can't even wipe his own ass! someone ELSE has to do that for him. :crazy: He can't bathe himself, he cant feed himself, he can't brush his teeth, put on deodorant etc. All because of NOTGATT. That ain't right man. He's lucky he is married, but she ain't!!!

12. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I found out long before I was legal riding/driving age that pavement + skin = No Bueno! My cousins and I used to skateboard all the time and one day doing some downhill runs, went a little too fast and got some serious speed wobbles and got launched onto the pavement. Of course the hands are the first to go out and take the brunt of the impact but it wasn't just my hands, it was my elbows, knees that got rashed pretty good too. My cousin got his a little worse, he did a "superman" on the road and scraped up his belly and chin too. Although not as visible now, they scars on my elbows used to be pretty visible for many years!

13. Badbilly

United States
    Some Harley dealers might offer the services the guy needed. Nashville may be one of the good ones that do.

14. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    When I was about 12yrs old I got to see what no helmet meant. Back then Ohio didn't have a helmet law so most riders didn't use one. The neighbor kid, about 17, was trying to bump start a Triumph by holding on to a car door handle to pull him up to speed. Something happened and he went down on his head.

This kid was very smart in school. After the accident his mental abilities went down hill. He even had a hard time talking. After seeing that in real life I started to realize what helmets and safety equipment is about and why one should use them.

It's a shame that there are moronic bikers out there that are just portraying an image vs protecting their life on a motorcycle. All it takes is just one time. I'll bet some of these same people are safteycrat's in other areas of their and their children's lives. Just not when it comes to image riding.

15. Badbilly

United States
    Taking a look at the states that mandate helmets and those that don't coupled with some of the headgear that is bought and sold that in no way is protective of anything short of a sunburn if that, kinda makes me wonder if social Darwinism is not so much a fancy as a fact.

16. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    That made me cringe. I had a face plant accident many years ago and my face looked pretty much like the guy in the video.
    I'm more of a choice and freedom kind of guy. If you want to wear gear, do it, if you don't want to don't do it, easy as that.

One of the beautiful things of getting together with my friends once a year in different states is that besides the variety of bikes everyone rides, no one tries to shove the atgatt argument down my throat. I've had a few accidents myself and I still don't ride atgatt.