Looking for VFR riders in Southern Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RDMCD, Mar 6, 2015.

1. RDMCD

RDMCD New Member

Canada
    Map
    Riding season is not far away here in Ontario, so I'm trying to compile a list of local riders.
    Anyone from Windsor to Toronto (and beyond ) with a VFR that's interested in getting together for rides please post up. I'm in London and only know of a couple so far.
    I've also started a group that you can join on your profile page, look for "Southern Ontario, Canada "
    Please pass this on to anyone you know that may be interested.

Thanks, Rick

2. RDMCD

RDMCD New Member

Canada
    Map
    Bump,
    anyone.
    I've found a few at a site vfr.on.ca

3. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Some riders from Buffalo and WNY usually ride Hawks or VFRs to Brantford (home of Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the busy signal) around June/July for Brent's (NT650 on Hawkgtforum.com) 2-day Annual Wrench Day, picnic, and ride. Brent has a gen 3 he's workin on and hosts with exemplary Canadian hospitality to all and sundry. :loyal:

Cruisin the quiet Niagara river road from the Falls to Fort Erie is a 26-mile no stop sign scenic route as perfect as anywhere !! Also the run from the Falls up to Niagara -on-the-Lake and around the canal is a summer ride destination every year for us. Not to be missed for first-timers. :sneakiness:

We had a general Southern Ontario/WNY VFR/Hawk meetup (organized thru this site) at the Falls a few years ago--about 28 bikes at most--and followed the fore-mentioned roads. Someone has photos. Lots about it on here, probably search 'Niagara falls meetup' or similar.

But that's all too far east for your crew, eh ?

Most sadly, no favorable dates for this year's Friday 13th Event, (pd13.com).
    Nothing like that in the US except maybe Daytona Bike Week !!! Seriously a true global EVENT with free entry, & better than any circus and mostly unknown.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  4. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    I'm in Guelph and there are at least another 2 riders here and another over in Kitchener that I'm sure would be up for some rides. I would love to head south of the border and hook up with squirrelman and friends, maybe even hook up in Brantford. We don't have to wait till Friday the 13th to go over to Dover. Its a nice ride anytime.
    I'm going to find the group you mentioned

5. PawnBoy

PawnBoy New Member

Canada
    Map
    Yeah, I'm in Waterloo. As much as I'd like to say I'm interested, I have offspring due in May and I'm not sure I'll have much time for extracurricular rides this summer.

6. RDMCD

RDMCD New Member

Canada
    Map
    Thanks for the replies, good to hear from you guys.
    Between vfrw, vfrd, and vfr.on.ca, I think that we have about ten just in the London to Guelph area. Hopefully we can find the time to get together sometime this summer . It looks like it's been awhile since there's been any meets in our area so maybe people will be interested this year. Any suggestions on where we could meet up.
    Niagara, Collingwood, Muskoka, or just local if you know of any good roads.
    Spread the word and let's see what happens.

7. RDMCD

RDMCD New Member

Canada
    Map
    Just wanted to give this thread a bump and remind anyone in the area to join the group "Southern Ontario Canada "
    You can find it on your profile page when you scroll down.
    Spring is slowly coming.