2010 DCT blowing at Rear exhaust downpipes clamp/bands

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Floydy, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Floydy

Floydy New Member

Map
    [​IMG]

Recently I have noticed that the exhaust system on my 2010 DCT has started to blow quite loudly.
    This is from the area just behind the muffler heat guard on the silencer side (can feel the exhaust gas if I put my hand close by).

I removed the muffler heat guard (requires a lot of time and dismantling to remove) and had a look but could not see where the leaking could be and the clamps were NOT loose although I did tighten them up slightly (I was worried that they might break). The clamps were very rusty just like the silencer/muffler band did previously that holds the silencer in place gets in no time at all.

My VFR800FiX also seemed to have had the same issue as it was 'fixed' using exhaust bandage prior to my buying it...

Anyone on here experience the same on their bike and have any ideas what to do next.

I expect that the exhaust downpipe clamps and gaskets will be very expensive going by the cost of the silencer/muffler band and silencer/muffler packing I purchased previously.

Part no:
    Right / Rear Exhaust Clamp: 18373-413-000
    Left / Rear Exhaust Clamp: 18374-413-000
    Muffler Packing: 18392-MK4-000 (2 x required)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. motorn

motorn New Member

There are exaust sleeves inside the down pipe. Gaskets,sort of speak. These fit around the pipe to seal both female/male ends of the pipe. Sounds like they have deteriorated. Look inside the pipe.I used a bit of never seize on mine when I put it back together, to prevent damage to the sleeve/gasket.

3. keithjrutter

keithjrutter New Member

HI mine is doing exactly the same from the rear downpipe joints did the exhaust drop down far enough ro replace the gaskets or did you remove main exhaust or rear downpipes from engine looks like a pig of a job