Any suggestions on good wind risistant headphones with mic and controls?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Speedfreak14, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Speedfreak14

Speedfreak14 New Member

Hey there all. Jus decided to throw this post up to see if any of u had good experiences with certain headphones. I was originally getting the jvc gummies plus with mic but at speeds a little higher than 40 or so the wind would cause the headphones to cut in and out then pause my music. Its INCREDIBLY annoying. I like the ones that go into my ear. I know the apple headlhones work great with no issues but they fall out of my ears easily when i put my helmet out. I know people frown upon having headphones on but i dont have it loud enough to obscure my hearing. Thanks for any suggestions guys!

2. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    I have a Sena smh10, the mic has good wind filtering and speakers are loud enough to hear Blue tooth bike to bike conversations clearly even with foam earplugs in though not the best speakers in the world for music but they are ok and mean no wires there is a accessory clamp kit available ( which I have installed ) which allows you to use either the in Helmet speakers or Earbuds as is your preference.

http://www.mrmobile.net.au/sena-bluetooth/sena-smh10-bluetooth-motorcycle-intercom

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I take it your are only looking for ear buds with a mic attached and not a coms system. I have used cheap "in the ear" buds with silicoln ear buds by Panasonic. About $12.00 Canadian. I've tried far more expensive as well. The Panasonics worked the best that I have tried. You do need to focus on the right sized silicoln bud though. The ear pbone needs to sit right inside your ear to seal out the road noise. Now the mic. Glue a small piece of velcro to the back side of the mic so you can attach it onside your helmet. I think most helmets have a loop side of velcro patch inside near the mouth. If not, put some there. After you have put your helmet on, you should be able to reach up under there and place the mic. The mic "should NOT" be directly in front of your mouth. Your speech is likely to be quite garbled. Move it to about the low 7:00 or 5:00 o'clock position. That way it will pick up your voice yet should be sheltered from wind noise by your wind curtain.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015