Any one here from Kamloops or area....even Kelowna

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by vfrfly, Apr 11, 2015.

1. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

I am curious if there is anyone here from the area. Cheers

2. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    Firstly, Welcome to the WORLD from a fellow member in Kelowna.

I see from a few of your earlier posts you are the proud owner of a brand new VFR800. Such a lucky dog you are. LOL

3. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

Thank you. I bought a new but left over 2014 in February. I had a 2006 viffer and foolishly sold it. This time i am not selling her. I ride dualsport, pure dirt, and street. If you want to meet up for a ride or a coffee someday let me know. Have you ever done the big loop in the country just south of salmon arm down towards enderby and across over to falkland. That is a great ride on an amazing road and few cagers use it.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I was thinking of taking a ride up and about today. But the Coq really sucked today I understand.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  5. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map

I have have ridden quite a fair bit of the area you are talking about but not a lot in the last few years. I sold my 97 VFR back in 2004 and was without a bike for a few years just after my son was born. After my son turned about 3 I was able to get my hands on a 2000 VFR for a SMOKIN deal and though I am once again aboard a trusty VFR i haven't gone on many long rides. With 2 kids under 8 I can't profess to say there is a huge amount of time to ride. My son and I enjoy some great father/son time aboard the trusty Viffer but most are short trips since he young fellow tends to nod off once he gets bored. LOL. He hasn't fallen asleep on the bike yet but his limit for rides is around 150 km's round trip. If I get a chance to go for a longer ride this year, I will definitely look you up and perhaps we can get together.

Not sure how many other members here are in the general area but I have met a couple local guys to ride with over on VFRD. One of them is local to Kelowna and another is native to the Salmon Arm area. Randy is a great guy as well and even though we have gotten together a couple times in Kelowna we have yet to be able to manage more than a ride to a nearby restaurant. LOL. Hoping this year to possibly change that Randy.

Any time you happen to be near Kelowna, look me up and we'll see if we can meet up.

6. CaribooBC

CaribooBC New Member

Canada
    Map
    We are in 100 Mile House, the VFR is actually my wife's! We have a bunch of other bikes as well. My #1 ride is a BMW R1100S, we also have matching Ducati 900SS's. If you ever get the urge for a ride up north give me a shout.

7. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

I was just south of 100 mile yesterday on a ride. I did the ride out to cache creek and then north to hwy 24. Took that over to little fort and then south down 5 back to kamloops. Great ride despite it snowing on me some going across 24 past lac des roche

8. CaribooBC

CaribooBC New Member

Canada
    Map
    You rode right past my place. I live on #24, just a bit east of Lone Butte. I know all about the white stuff. We have woken up to snow the last two Saturdays. I have not insured yet, probably will this weekend:) Have you eaten at the High Five Diner in Little Fort? It has great grub. We stop there every chance we get.

9. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

No, i have not eaten there.....thanks for the tip though. It is sad the Mclure diner burned down a couple weeks ago, they always had good food and i have eaten there well over 100 times I'm sure. East of Lone Butte on the south side of hwy 24 used to be a good place for a burger. It was tiny and a bit dumpy looking, but good food i ate there probably 15 to 20 times. We usually camp on Lac des roche and fish some each summer to. I stopped and parked on the side of the road last summer doing that loop on my versys, and climbed up on the big rock near you. Cool view from the top. Do you have a super large yard ? If so and knew the gps coordinates I could stop oneday maybe on a solo flight over you and take you and your lady for a quick sightsee flight for fun if you like. I am sure you hear choppers going overhead frequently. The oddly painted in dark red and silver with 2 inch wide black stripe separating the colours, and upsweeping curve to all 3, R66 and EC155 are mine. I have not seen any others with paint schemes even close. My gf is a super sweet lady and very mellow, so no crazy woman coming along if she is with me lol

10. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Will that thing fit in a city cul de sac?

11. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

It would fit if the cul de sac was a large one. But the legal part is another issue :)

12. CaribooBC

CaribooBC New Member

Canada
    Map
    I ended up down in your town today, I was going to Little Fort for lunch, I got there realized I wasn't hungry and kept going. Crossed over the Maclure ferry to Westside Rd, then through Kamloops to Logan Lake via Lac La Jeune Rd. Down to Savona, Cache Creek and finally stopped for eats in Clinton. It was a great ride.
    My yard is big but not that big and I have our power line running right up the middle of it. My neighbour has a hay field about 300m behind our house, you could land there after he cuts his hay this summer.

13. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

If you took the ferry and Westsyde rd you went past my place. I was not home today and didnt know you were coming by. But another day arrange to stop in for a visit. The place where you can see a hangar being built in the back is mine. The river is my back property line. Today i was working so never got to ride. Tomorrow i am off to look at a used backhoe that is for sale. I plan to ride up to see it. Where did you eat in clinton? Usually i eat in cache creek at hungry herbies or else over at Mary's it has great pizza and salads. The lac le jeune road is a nice ride over to logan and then up to ashcroft. Do you ever come to the ice races in the winter at stump lake? Entertaining to watch !

14. CaribooBC

CaribooBC New Member

Canada
    Map
    I didn't know I was going to Kamloops either. The weather and ride was so good I just kept going! We ride Westsyde Rd quite a bit. If we are not in a hurry we will take the ferry. I haven't been to the ice races yet, I keep saying that we will go one year but so far we haven't made it.
    I ate at the Chinese food place, I think it is called Green Mountain, it was actually pretty good. Horstings is open again in CC, I almost stopped there, but again I just wanted to ride so I pushed on to Clinton. Tunkwa Lake Rd still was a bit gritty in the slow, tight corners and there is some broken pavement that needs repairing so be careful if riding out there. Would be better going up the hill from Savona rather than down it. I have been past the Highland Valley mine many times so I just wanted to try a different route.

15. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

In case anyone wants to join up or just see me somewhere and want to say hello.
    I am leaving kamloops in 2 minutes.
    Taking hwy 5a to merritt thru quilchena.....then hwy 8 to to the canyon.
    The canyon hwy 1 to chilliwack to look at a used backhoe.
    Super hard to miss me as nothing i wear matches.
    Arai helmet, suzuki jacket, Alpinestar pants, red wing boots, and shift gloves.
    Riding a white gen 8 vfr with a givi tank bag.

16. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Too bad. I live right in Chilliwack but heading out at 11:00 to Vancouver to work. Next time.

17. thatedge

thatedge New Member

Canada
    I live in Castlegar but plan to do the Nakusp, Vernon, West Side road (I think that's what it's called) over to Kelowna a few times this year. Need to visit Kelowna a few times this year so I will be doing the trip a couple of times. Maybe I will come back home through Osoyoos.

18. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

PM me your number if hou want and maybe we csn pop down south a ways and meet you for a ride at least some of the way.

Cheers Ian

19. Adonis

Adonis New Member

I'm close to Kamloops in Armstrong

20. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

Cool.
    I have ridden thru there many times.
    Lets go on a group ride sometime.