June 6th Ride

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by vfrfly, Apr 16, 2015.

1. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

On the morning of June 6th myself and 5 others are leaving from Kamloops to ride into the kootenays and will be returning on June 8th. Anyone wanting to join us for part or all of the trip is welcome. We will be riding from my house in the Westsyde area of Kamloops and using as many non major roads ( read as twisty and little traffic) will be going to vernon. From there using hwy 6 to the ferry. Up to nakusp and over to new denver. Then over to kaslo and the first over night stop is at the ainsworth hotsprings hotel. For those not wanting to hotel it they have a low cost campground near the hotel as well. Day 2 will be south to nelson and continue south to Salmo and then across to creston. From there we will be going north to cranbrook and fort steel. Finally up to radium and then Golden. Again they have campsites for anyone who prefers that option over a hotel where we will be staying. Day 3 will be heading west on hwy 1 to revelstoke and sicamous. We may slab it back to kamloops on hwy 1 but most like drop south down the side of mara lake to enderby and then west on the dream rd to falkland. Finally back up to kamloops. Anyone can join us along our route or ride part way and head back. Random stops for food, gas, leg stretching etc will be plentiful, so it is not a rushed trip. On at least 2 stretches of incredible roads i plan to stop and ride back a way, then turn and head back again. Those not wanting to run the twisties can continue on or wait where we turn for us to return. The people going have all ridden for many years and a variety of bikes. If you are grumpy, or a brand basher, please do not join us, this is not a honda only ride. Let me know if wanting to come along. For the okanagan people who may wish to jump onboard i could text you as we leave kamloops on that morning and all meet up at the burger king on the north side of vernon. We are meeting 1 there already as she joins us.

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Will watch this and share it with a couple friends. Have ridden a lot of this already and great rides.

3. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

Thanks Randy.
    We are in Revelstoke right now on a ride the gf and i.
    The ride on the 6th has grown some and now we have 9 people confirmed.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I think this one is going to be out for me too. I got medical chit going on the 5th and the 8th. Thought about joining up for a two days but that puts me in the far east of the province for the trip home on the next day to make the appointments. But you never know.

5. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

What a great ride!
    For those of you who do not ride in the kootenays do yourself a favor and try it.
    I did the stretch of hwy from kaslo to new denver 5 times just because it is amazing.
    Want to burn tires off in a hurry, ride there where you can push them.
    We had many laughs and ate good food.
    No one had any issues with breakdowns or crashing, except a slow rear tire leak on a friends bike.
    We are not sure why, but a shop in nelson replaced his tire and issue solved.
    It did not just go flat on him.
    But was losing maybe 10psi a day.
    It was down to maybe 30 percent tread so he just had a new tire put on.