Starter Valve Sync vs Throttle Body Sync

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Stroh, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Stroh

Stroh New Member

I called the local dealer to inquire about getting the starter valves sync'd and they didn't know what I was talking about. Eventually the service manager came on the line and said that they can do a throttle body sync but have never heard of a starter valve sync. Are they the same adjustments with different names, different adjustments, or is the dealer completely mistaken.

Michael

2. firedawg1998

firedawg1998 New Member

Map
    I believe your onto most of that, just what I know. Yes you can get the throttle bodies sync, the mercury vaccum tool is online for about 100$ her in Canada, with that you can make your way through a sycronization, honda manual will help. If you want to understand the starter valve thingy, there is a pretty good youtube video on this with a guy and his vfr. Seems like a cold start, high idle adjustment where you can alter how high you want to set your warmup idle where mine slowly dissengages and return to idle at 50 degrees. The throttle body sync is whats gonna clear up any rough idle when warm. Is your bike not running well or is this just preventative maintenance? I'm no expert but hope this helped alittle, the higher mileage vfr'ers I'm sure will chime in.