EBC FA261HH brake pads for $17?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by GigemVFR, Jun 26, 2015.

1. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    These EBC pads I have been seeing for $35-$40 a pair at different places. Messing around looking and JC Whitney selling pair with same model number and type for $17.15....plus free shipping.....and an extra 10% discount on top of all that? What am I missing here? I realize I would need two pair for front and pair for rear but why so cheap? As they say, if it sounds like too good of a deal, it probably is.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/ebc-brakes...jcwx?filterid=d59528y2002j1#PDPProductDetails

http://www.jcwhitney.com/basket?cm=1

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  2. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    jcwhittney is very good -its no scam, I may go for this deal.:team2: comes to 46.31 shipped for three calipers

3. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Well, if this is true, I will probably go with it as well. I keep reading too many good things about the EBC pads vs. the OEM for price and performance.

Just noticed though, the free shipping and 10% off promo ends 6/26/15 at midnight. However, still a great deal without that.

4. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    :sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:JC whittney does not have these brake pads-this is a dud-they are sending the money back.:shame:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Probably too many jumped on it right away and they ran out of stock! If this was a sale on eBay, I would have passed for sure, but JCWhitney has been around for decades, I would have pulled the trigger right away if I had saw this in time.

6. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Well, crap. I knew this sounded too good to be true. Back to square one.

I wound up calling them last night to find out what the deal was. Guy said that they no longer carry those (and did not know if would in future) and that item was listed in error on their part. He said he made note to pass along to have listing removed. (Still does not help my cause)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  7. TNRabbit

TNRabbit New Member

Map
    I would buy 1000 & double my money~

8. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    this was dead on arrival, I am piss off at JC Whittey-False advertising!:chaingun:

9. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    :funky:After working over JC whitney-I got the employee discount for EBC top of the line brake pads -the 2008 street racing compound, track and street tested for a 2006 vfr 800 part number E35EPFA 388HH front, rear part # EPFA 261HH, for $62.55 full set. free shipping but only for Wolfee. :drinker: These pads could cost over $150 for a Full set-the very best EBC has ever made for a motorcycle. Don't know if they will reallt work that well on a street bike-but most likely they will because they are suppose to work on a fast street bike which the vfr are and it has a good amount of weight-may wear the rotors faster, but light hand use should be ok-but if you really need to stop very fast-might be the best street stopper there is.
    I just like working people over today and kick there rigging ass:flex::bootyshake2: Ass Paul Newmen would do in that Hockey movie-stick his ass out the bus window at the fans who were though stuff at the bus. Ruckass's is a lot of fun:banana: Thanks for working me over, so I get more great stuff for my handsome Black beast. Very excited about these EBC extreme pro brake pads-the reviews are outstanding-this is not just a replacement but a real brake up grade. I am sure the reg HH are very good, but these are better. On the EBC packaging-it say nothing stops faster- that's a really big statement-so there you have it -a real good deal if you can get a three set pads for the whole Bike. and don't forget 05 and 06 have different brake pads. you can thank the wolf for updating this into a real deal instead of a waste of time.

10. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    just wonder if anyone has actually tried the extreme performance Ebc pads-they are supposed to be there very best-above the HH ebc. they are quite expensive, but JC whitten gave me a great deal on them after I tried to buy the cheaper HH EBC?:nelson:

11. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Hey I did get the rear pad for 17.15$ it has shipped part # EPFa261hh and that's EBC most expensive pad, I got two rear for $28 epfa388hh for a 06vfr and then they gave me a %15 discount=$62 for all three sets-JC whittney doesn't know what they are doing:party2: Time to stick it too them real good:banana:

12. Aimbot9000

Aimbot9000 New Member

United States
    Map
    I got 2 sets, that should be here on the 3rd. not sure what everyone is on about