The rain stopped in coastal NC for now...

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Dneprdude, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dneprdude

Dneprdude New Member

United States
    Map
    Was going to ride to work today (school), but the weatherman spooked me a little. Lol. Was dry as a bone. Now I have to possibly deal with Erica in a few days. Wanting to put on some miles...

2. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Rain doesn't bother me ... I ride in it all the time. It's actually fun if you have the right gear.

The only time I won't ride my bike to work, is if there's already lightning or it's winter (snow and ice permanently on the ground until spring). I'll even ride with a 60% chance of thunderstorm. :)

I may be dealing with Erica next week as well ... flying to Orlando on Tuesday for the week.

3. Dneprdude

Dneprdude New Member

United States
    Map
    I don't mind the rain, I just hate being a little soggy from sweating in my rainsuit and my first period kids wondering what the hell's wrong with me. Lol. If theres a storm its usually a thunder storm. Should keep a spare change of clothes in my office. I need to get a tank bag to keep my suit in. Used to keep it iny GS's tail bag. Don't want to get another tail bag since I hate having to hurdle my leg over it. GS is taller, so may not be too bad on the rear of my viffer. Got soaked last Friday. Was a torrential but i was close to home. I lived in FL and it rained every day @ 3pm when I needed to leave the house. I used to ride my Moto Guzzi to class when it was snowing. Don't mind rain or weather as long as I'm not needing to be dry when I get there. ;)

4. Dneprdude

Dneprdude New Member

United States
    Map
    Good luck with your trip. I won't be as bad as they say.

5. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Thanks!

What are you using for rain gear? I never get soggy / sweaty in mine ... it breathes.

6. Dneprdude

Dneprdude New Member

United States
    Map
    It's a teknic set. Typical rain suit. If its 85 - 95 degrees F, I'll sweat in a t-shirt. Lol then add the humidity of the rain. Uggh

7. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    I guess being in NC you get a lot more humidity than out here or the mid-west ... perhaps that's the difference?

Have you tried a different rain suit? Something Goretex or is the one you have Goretex already? I use a Wetskinz motorcycle specific rain suit.

8. Dneprdude

Dneprdude New Member

United States
    Map
    We had SW winds almost all summer 110 heat index and humid. NE winds now and not bad. My suits kinda heavy and plasticky. Keeps me dry from the rain. Just hot in summer, but fine in fall/winter. Will hafta look into the wetskinz suit. Appreciate it.

9. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    I always find it funny when I'm stuck in traffic and it's raining cats and dogs when people in cars give me that " sucks for you but I'm dry in my car" look. They can't tell that I am grinning behind the helmet.

10. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Hell yah ... I love it. :)