Does Pit Bull Head Lift (triple tree) stand work on 8th Gen???

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Roar, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Roar

Roar New Member

They list one for VFR800, but I wonder if it works with 8th Gen with that upper radiator maybe in the way. Anybody tried?

2. Roar

Roar New Member

I called and asked them (nice people!). They were pretty sure they had tried the 8th gen at a show, but were not 100% certain. They then stated if it didn't work they would make me a custom pin. Get that kind of service with your Harbor Freight stand!

Anyway, it came the next day and works perfectly. The only semi-flaw is it will almost lift the center stand off the ground even at the lowest setting, but not a real problem.

I'm really glad I paid up for this and didn't go cheap like I sometimes do....very high quality, domestic, great service...makes me proud to be an American BY GAWD

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I just ordered mine yesterday. I bought the hybrid lift, the one that also lifts from under the forks. This way I can use it on my friends bikes when they come over for service work.

4. Roar

Roar New Member

Me, too. I'll use the fork lift mostly, but just wanted the other available. I believe you can add either piece later if anyone needs to save up front costs.

5. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    I've got the hybrid lift for my '99 and it is definitely top drawer kit.

6. OOTV

OOTV Insider

No doubt, I have two PB rear stands, a conventional swing arm and a single sided swing arm version and they are just solid stands! I picked up both (separately) for less than $90 a piece. I was hoping I could find the dual lift for a steal but I got impatient. I am planning on updating the Ducs suspension and need the head lift stand in order to remove the forks.

I bought mine from Revzilla and got the pins for the Duc and VFR. Although it wasn't the steal I was hoping for, I did have some Zilla cash to go towards it, so basically I got the pins for free! I'm bummed though, I was hoping the stand would show up like all my other Revzilla orders, in two days! But tracking shows it'll be here after the long weekend! Oh well, I have plenty of other things I can do...riding is one I can think of.

7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Yay! Stand finally came in. I ordered the one with the removable handle, that way I don't trip over it while I have my Duc raised while I wait for JD to update the suspension. Such a solid kit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    Nice, I wish they would have had that removable handle when I bought mine.