Looking for new SaddleBags....

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by MasterMLS, Oct 1, 2015.

1. MasterMLS

MasterMLS New Member

Hi all,

Got in minor accident a couple days ago, asshole tried to scare me while I was lane splitting (legal in California), and he actually tagged me a little. By a little I mean he tore off my left side, OEM Saddle Bag. Everything and everyone else ok.

Anyone have any idea of a good source for new, OEM, hard bags? My insurance is covering the cost (-$250 deductible). I usually don't trust Ebay because they say- "will fit 2004,2005,2006,2007..." no, I want my bags that fit my bike, OEM perfect style.

Thanks guys!

2. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    They are telling you the truth. Same bags fits the entire 6th generation VFR, which is what you have.
    There is a guy parting out a crashed bike on CL orange county. I met him and bought a couple of items from him. Not sure if he still has the bags though.
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mpo/5203203413.html

3. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    By the way, sorry to hear what happened and glad you're okay.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    If they guy "tagged" you, he hit you. Most states and this includes California require that driver information be exchanged for minor collisions. The major stuff over a specified dollar amount can be a felony hit and run.

If the collision was enough to sever the bag from the bike, and as well done purposely as implied, initially you will have other damage to the mounting areas and a strong case for further legal action including some time for the driver getting nocturnal visits from Mad Dog or Big Bubba at the Hotel California, Graybar division.

My dos pesos says your insurer sucks and is not doing much of anything for you except getting off as cheaply as possible.

5. grabcon

grabcon New Member

United States
    Map
    I was looking for new bag replacements for my wife's 2008. She has factory bags and has had a couple of tip overs scratching them up pretty good. I checked with Honda and new bags (you can only by in pairs are anywhere between $900 & $1200. If insurance is buying get the new bags and sell off the old.

6. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
  7. grabcon

grabcon New Member

United States
    Map
    That is interesting on David Silvers. The price for a 2008 is $1091.95 for a pair. Pricing may be color specific. Or is the price you posted for one bag?

8. Badbilly

United States
    Prices quoted online don't always reflect total cost. This particular item may not even be in the US and shipping will be added unless specifically stated that shipping is free. Notice that the price on one OEM pannier is only a sub total. Also added in other climes where David Silver gear is sold there are VAT adds.

This is info that the insurer will need too. If the for sale pannier does not match the undamaged pannier in color, an additional cost will be accumulated for paint work to both.

I guess this is why those old Italian dudes who wore those white togas and had hats made oot of some kind of leaves made up that caveat emptor stuff back in the day. My guess is that somebody opened up a new pizza joint and the guy who had another one bitched to the bureaucrats and they passed some new laws and instead of a full explanation of what was going on, just called it Caveat Emptor.

9. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

FIXT, you're welcome. As King Saint Norkelboy of VFW I have given myself the authority to clean up any of your future posts. Please only provide content relevant to the discussion. Your 10,000+ posts of wasted bandwidth will no longer be tolerated.

10. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    That price is for the set. They are in the US. I have bought from them before. Ignore any post from BadBilly unless it is talking about paint. He'll see this comment and make an insulting reply even though he knows he is on many ignore lists.

Don't trust me though, I always recommend you go to the source. Call David Spares and ask them any question you want. They are a good company from my experience.

11. Badbilly

United States
    I try not to be insulting to the ignorant or to dudes that post up stuff about sales withoot adding taxes, shipping or availability thinking for some reason that a sub-total is the final price on anything unless specifically stated. Yep dude, it's best to call with the specific need at hand and the first question being "is this in stock?" Some sites have "chat" where a partial answer is sometimes available but the direct mano a mano phone thing is the better of the two IMO.

Give almost anyone who has made any online transactions a little time and they can find all sorts of stuff on backorder or OOS on many sites. Got one right now from a NYC company that I have been doing business with for thirty years. Nothing to do with bikes. The item is on back order. With these folks, if an item or other is on backorder, no charges are made to either a credit or debit card until the item ect, is shipped.

I 'm glad you like the paint and coating info. I have to say that that is a little insulting since the rest of that ignorant shit in the rest of your post makes it look like I am one dimensional. So in fair trade, and this being a democracy of sorts you can fuck off.

12. Badbilly

United States

If memory serves FIXT is a contributor here sometimes.. The guy may be a little pissed that you toss out stuff aboot him that just ain't true. I just chalk it off to another episode. Are you a member of VFW? What branch of the military did you serve and where? Nam, Bosnia, the Middle East? Do tell. I'm guessing that once again you got your foot in your mouth again because of another temper tantrum.

How aboot say a six month break from bikes and start your own tent show revival preaching the gospel of whatever is on your mind at the time. I bet marriedman will be your first disciple.