VFR world Hoodie?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RVFR, Oct 3, 2015.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    It came to me the other day since I'm back on two wheels...for the time being. that the decal emblem I have would make for a good design to be printed on a first thought possibility hoodie or? I was looking at kevlar hoodies, but the price may be out of reach for the masses, yet I get the protective thing all to well, any other jacket that's got decent protection ability that's printable is still in the high dollar range, depending on ones thoughts though. For now I'd like to get some feed back on this as to answer the question, I'm I doing a one of for me, or is there enough interests to create a group of them, then there's the matter of sizing. But first I just need your thoughts. pre thinking costs using a standard hoodie would run around the $60-$75 dollar range printed if my numbers are somewhat accurate. plus shipping. The kevlar hoodies are running on just the hoddie alone, no printing costs, $99-$299 with printing yet to be worked out, I haven't asked if they can be printed on. Thanks for your time, Now go ride.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Maybe check oot if Kevlar can be printed on, appliqued or embroidered. There might be a copyright issue on the artwork too. A good source at reasonable price points for other logo and modified is clothing is Costco.

A couple of dudes in my MC had some letterman type jackets made up with the club logo. Good stuff and pricy.. Same thing exactly at Costco was a bit more than half and the prices drop as the volume increases.

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Bbilly, the art work is what I created for VFRW for just the good of it, never pursued legal one way or another as far as that part goes, I will say if there's enough movement going forward as a group, I'll drop Michael a note getting his feed back, if he hasn't all ready seen this, he hasn't made mention that being an issue Yes, Costco is pretty cool, I've used them on other pro mo stuff, all though I'm not sure they can help with this one . yea pricing comes down to the amount made. I'll look further into this, Corporate is just up the street. ;) what got me into this was I have been making another logo hoddie and while I was in that mode of thinking a VFRW member emailed me about Decals which in turn had me looking at the VFRW decals, I went ??? that be nice on a jacket of sorts The company I work with locally could possibly have good pricing... Maybe ;) the art work for sure yes, now as far as what garment, that's yet to be figured out. Please feel free to throw out your thoughts be great the read what folks here think. Onward hooo

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    If the artwork is yours. It's yours. Go for it.

What my main question would be is Kevlar able to be printed on or other. If the hoodies or other are Kevlar lined then go for it.

Best to ask permission in any instance on most stuff unless it's satirized ect. I used to get calls for wall graphics with HD Logo on the whole wall. No way Jose' they want their chunk of the pesos. Same deal with Disney. That fucking mouse has sharp teeth.

Generally as I understand it, unless you were going to crank oot half a million of your creation and wholesale them to dealers and other bike sites there could be money and paperwork involved. Something like you propose I don't think anybody would mind much less, object.

5. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Got some info for some to chew on. On a standard weight pull over hooded sweatshirt or if so desired a zip up with the VFRW decal look, with small front and full back, $60 dollars. Then there's shipping. So if anyone is interested speak up, if I can get 12 prepaid orders I'll get them made up. Colors are an option, but dark gray looks good. Black too. As far as a kevlar hoodie goes, this still may be an option, just haven't gone the distance yet to figure if the added costs makes much sense. Drop your off your response and questions, could be a neat thing.

6. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Any chance of getting sight of what a mock up would look like RVFR?

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I am working on this, figuring that would be a good thing to have. just there's a commitment cost wise on my end. I have the pre design ready to be laid out on a garment, maybe I'll do it on a polo for starters, from that it should show what's what, hopefully. On an added note, if folks have other ideas on other garments they see this being on, don't hold back, throw it out.