How-To: LED License Plate for 8th Gen VFR

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by mkulrey13, Feb 21, 2016.

1. mkulrey13

mkulrey13 New Member

Map
    How-To: LED License Plate (8th Gen VFR800)

[​IMG]

Example Bike: 2014 Honda VFR800 Interceptor Deluxe

Tools Needed:
    ----------------
    Phillips Screw Driver
    T10 Base White LED

This will be a simple how-to on how to switch your halogen base bulb in your license plate light to a nice white LED bulb. This is about a 2/10 on the easy/hard scale. Improves the look of the rear of the bike a lot

Step 1:
    ---------
    Locate the plate light and simply remove the 2 Philips screws which I have highlighted below. You may need to slightly pull down the light to get clearance for your screw driver.

[​IMG]

Step 2:
    --------
    Simply pull and remove the entire cover. I took this opportunity to clean the inside as well as the outside with some cleaner. For being a rather new bike it was a bit dirty.

[​IMG]

Step 3:
    ---------
    Remove the OEM bulb and insert your T10 LED Bulb. I recommend white to stay legal. Once your LED is installed, turn your key into the on position. If it does not light up, simply remove the bulb again and turn it 180 degrees and reinstall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 4:
    --------
    Simply Slide the cover back on and insert the screws and tighten them down. Vola, LED Plate light.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps anyone who may want to do this mod. Its simple and looks great.