How-To: Replace Rear Turn Signals (8th Gen)

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by mkulrey13, Feb 27, 2016.

1. mkulrey13

mkulrey13 New Member

Map
    How-To: Clear/Replace Rear Turn Signals (8th Gen)

(left has chrome bulb, right has oem amber bulb)
    [​IMG]

Tools Required:
    ------------------

12mm Wrench
    5mm Allen Wrench

This how-to will show you how to swap out your rear turn signals in your 2014+ VFR800. I used Chrome amber Bulbs. I wanted to clear the orange look the blinkers had but remain legal with amber bulbs. Difficulty scale is about a 3/10

Step 1: Remove the 2 bolts (5mm Allen) holding the rear plastic on.

[​IMG]

Step 2: Pull the plastic backwards carefully. One blinker cover stayed on the rear section and one stayed on the bike. Just pull backwards and work your way around them. They will either come off or stay. Once the cover is off, you can simply remove the remaining blinker covers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Now remove the 2 bolts (12mm) and loosen but not remove the single 5mm Allen bolt.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Now swing the plastic inward. this will allow you to remove the bulb. Simply unplug the bulb and then twist it out. The rear bulbs are 7440. Swap the bulbs and reinstall.

[​IMG]

Step 6: Repeat this for the other side, the passenger (Right) side you will need to un-clip the harness from the bulb first before you remove the bulb. Now put everything back together in the order you removed it. Once everything back together and tightened down, your have now successfully cleared your rear turn signals. You can do LEDs instead and add a resister to stop the hyper flashing, I just chose to stay with the halogen type bulbs so i would not have to deal with resisters and extra wiring.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016