How-To: Clear/Replace Front Turn Signals (8th Gen)

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by mkulrey13, Feb 27, 2016.

1. mkulrey13

mkulrey13 New Member

Map
    How-To: Clear/Replace Front Turn Signals (8th Gen)

This how-to will show you how to replace your front turn signal bulbs and at the same time "Clear" them from the amber look.

[​IMG]

Tools Required:
    ------------------
    Phillips Screw Driver
    1156 Bulbs
    Small Flat Head Screw Driver

On a Easy/Hard scale, this is about a 3/10

Step 1: Using a Philips screw driver, Remove the single screw on the bottom of the mirror.

[​IMG]

Step 2: Fold your mirror in and using your small flat head screw driver, carefully pry out and up until you hear it un-clip. Notice the 2 spots i am using my screw driver.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Once its unclipped simply lift up and out and remove the mirror cover.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Twist the gray plug this is where your bulb is located.

[​IMG]

Step 5: Untwist your stock bulb, and put in your replacement. For this i used a Chrome Bulb that blinks amber to "Clear" my signals from the amber look. You can also use LED bulbs with the proper resister to prevent hyper flash. I used a 1156 based bulb which i found out not to be the correct replacement as the notches didn't line up. little but of force, the bulb slipped into the correct notches and works as it should.

[​IMG]

Step 6: Reverse your steps to put your mirrors back together. Now you have cleared your signals which i think gives it a much cleaner look.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016