Updated Switches and Master Cylinders on my 86 VFR700

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by JasonWW, Feb 28, 2016.

1. JasonWW

JasonWW New Member

United States
    Map
    Here are my newer 97 CBR1100XX brake and clutch master cylinders and 98 VFR800 Euro switches. My original master cylinders were wore out and in need of new sight glasses and rebuilds. You can't really restore the factory switches. This now looks 1000 times better than the old parts. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JasonWW

JasonWW New Member

United States
    Map
    I successfully adapted some super clean, low mileage 98 vfr800 UK switches to my 86 vfr700 US bike. Why the UK version? Just to have all the extra goodies we US citizens are deprived of such as high beam flasher and 3 way light control. I also then swapped the UK internal turn signal switch for one that the US bikes need. I chose this model as the white labels looked better to me than the red labels.

The stock throttle cables and choke cable attach, although I had to swap out the blank choke lever (it's a blank round filler piece because the bike is fuel injected) for an earlier one from a carbed bike to make the choke work. I got the internal blinker switch and choke lever from a cheap donor switch from (I think) a 97-98 blackbird.

The later model end connectors match the older 86-87 bikes, although I had to swap a few wires around.

Heres a pic off the bike. I need to take some more pics.

[​IMG]

Here is the turn signal switch I was talking about. The US bikes run the low amber front filaments through this switch. When you turn on the bright filament (blinker) it turns off the dimmer filament to make the blinking light easier to see.
    [​IMG]

3. NormK

NormK New Member

Looks really good Jason