Cortech Tank Bag

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by James Bond, Jun 8, 2016.

1. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Just received a Cortech 12 liter magnetic tank bag from Motorcyclegear.com (the old New Enough) and it's a fantastic quality and functional tank bag. This is coming from someone that HATES tank bags. I keep a Cortech tail bag on my bike 100% of the time for the necessary tools, water, lunch, gun, etc.

Given I'm getting ready to rail the Smoky's (day trip away), I needed a tank bag to carry my normal very light traveling "stuff" to get there, then I'll take it off and just keep the tail bag on for day riding. Cortech gear is great stuff as is Motorcyclegear great to deal with. Ordered it night before last and got it as quick as Amazon delivers along with a $9 credit on my next purchase(s). FWIW. Gotta love doing business so easy with these people. I do hate not supporting my local businesses but they don't support me. :smug:

2. Laker

Laker New Member

Canada
    Map
    I agree D-A. I bought the same and think its terrific. I bought on-line at Canadasmotorcycles.com after going to 4 dealers to get a tank bag. The dealers would only have one random bag (or none at one place) so I went on-line to choose. I always like to support the local guys but its getting harder as they don't carry stock. To be fair I could have had them order one but after seeing what I wanted its 2 day delivery.... Great bag though.

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Photos, or it didn't happen. That being I use their tail bag, great piece, I have a smaller tank magnetic tank bag, but in general tank bags bug me as a sometimes necessary evil. l do go with a back pack before I use a tank bag. But FWIW back in the day this tank bag was for videoing, back then I had no choice. Now there's Go Pro. ain't tech great.

4. BCAl

BCAl New Member

Canada
    Map
    I have the 18 Liter magnetic mount bag and I love it. Good quality bag with lots of pockets for miscellaneous knick knackery.

5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I would like nothing better than to always support the brick and morter store. However. Regardless of what their overhead is, wages, insurance or what ever. My pocket book is far more important to me.

6. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    Same here, just bought tires online (from a Canadian distributor at least) and they were so much cheaper that I couldn't justify buying from a local store. I hate doing that but it's all I could afford to do this time.
    Love a good tank bag, being able to convert it to a backpack is a must for me though.

7. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    The pictures are online and better than I could provide and with New Enough, returning something with them is almost effortless. Just thought I would report a good experience. And with day after tomorrow delivery, why burn the gas and take the time to shop locally. It's a shame brick and mortar are being banged on so hard but, my money didn't come so easy that I have the time or money to run around town shopping for something that probably isn't there. Cortech makes great stuff priced very well.

8. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I do like their luggage. But Cortech and Tourmaster are the same company. Their jackets are mediocre and there handling of aftersale issues is absolute shit.

9. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I have had Cortech saddle and tail bags for a long time, 11 + years, and they are still working great. Though they are no longer jet black because of the sun.

10. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I got good use out of mine for several years. They were good as new when I gave them to another vfrw member a couple years ago when I got hard bags. Kept my tail bag though. But all these bags come with covers that is supposed to keep things dry. Well they don't. Plastic garbage bags inside does though.

11. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Yeah Randy, I would call them rain resistant. A short rain shower the covers do ok, anything more than that ans you had better have the contents in something really waterproof. Dry bags for me.

12. BCAl

BCAl New Member

Canada
    Map
    I also bought my bag from a Canadian online distributor. It was 40 bucks cheaper online than what I could find anywhere else. Like you Randy, I like to support local shops but my money is better in my pocket than someone else's.

13. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map

Aren't we retired folk just the cheapest bastards around? Problem with me is, most places require you to be 65+ to qualify for a seniors discount. That's still four years away and usually only applies to Ricki's restaurants and not motorcycle stuff.

14. BCAl

BCAl New Member

Canada
    Map
    Not all of us are retired, Randy. I need to save money so I can retire. At present rate I am on the freedom 85 plan.

15. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map

I need a raise in my pension. Go get a second job. :pound:

16. BCAl

BCAl New Member

Canada
    Map
    That would cut into my riding time

17. pilotct

pilotct New Member

United States
    Map
    +1 on the Cortech 12 - functional with nice design and decent quality

18. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    If supporting the local aftermarket shops is not in the cards for several reasons, the subject of tankbags is sure not limited to one brand or brands owned by the same outfit. Try a search engine to see who has what.

Support of "local" outfits is a two edged machete. In my hood, which sort of includes the entire Oregon coast, smack in the middle, Home Depot wanted to put in a store. The next nearest is aboot 50 miles inland and requires a trip on a not real safe road. The store location was to be on property that is mostly unused and occupied mostly by blackberry vines. The CAVE People started bitching (CAVE=Citizens against virtually everything) that a store like that would ruin the way of life in and around the area. This included a car dealership , a welding supply and some storage warehouses. Nearby, some of the mom and poppers took up the hue and cry. Great sobs aboot everything from the starving children of Africa to grandma tossing herself oot a window because she couldn't afford any more cat food to eat.

That way of life thing kinda reminded me of some bike folks who dress the part really believe all that shit.

Small pitch. Rex Marsee bike stuff including some nifty tank bags.

The mom and poppers turned oot to be corporations whose next move was to point oot that HD would somehow take away jobs (bread from the starving childrens again) HD countered by saying the store here would provide some 50 jobs on just the local level.

Somewhere in the middle of all this NOAA moved their fleet of scientific ships to Newport, OR, a bigass HMO is going to build a new hospital, the local Jr.College is needing expansion, there is a bigtime housing shortage, the city is building new swimming pool and the county is looking at changing the face of the entire county fairgrounds.

Me, I am worried aboot the fate of those poor blackberry vines getting abused...

Sidebar: Talked to a dude yesterday who was wearing a Sons of Anarchy Tshirt. I told him I thought the sons were ungreatfully dead. Dude told me that a spinoff was in the making with the Mongols as stars of the show.. What? Dude was serious... Those are some bad boys for sure. The sons are actors..

19. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Damn. I just posted up I like my Cortech tank bag. For everyday riding, I use a Cortech tail bag. Back packs are for the AT, not riding. The "new" tank bag already has a zillion successful miles on it. Love both of them. I carry stuff with me. Gun, tools, water, Border Patrol knife, flat kit, duct tape, hand grenades (2), just everyday misc. stuff. Wet and dry helmet visor bug cleaning rags are good to have too.

20. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

What size Cortech tail bag do you use? Does it mount under the seat?

I have always had either a Cortech 12 or 18 tank bag and use to have side bags. Love the brand. Solid materials, smart designs.