S.I.R.- 1991 Last lap antics!

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by Glenngt750, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    SIR 1,2.jpg SIR3,4.jpg SIR 5,6.jpg

After a race long battle with another rider from my Home Track in Calgary, Alberta, it came down to the final series of corners. He came up my inside, and I managed to hold him off. But same as the previous laps I was dragging the footpegs and fairing hard. This time I said "F*%K it!" I'm not letting off! Kept her plowing along, and promptly lost it!!! Bugger got by me. I was able to get up and finish the race. Ah those were the days.
    I actually liked the original Honda CBR600 Hurricane the best of all the CBR's I had, and have ridden. Though I have not ridden the F4i or the CBR600RR. But I digress.
    What a breath of fresh air, coming to Seattle area in April, or here,when these pics were taken, in September. On the way home it started raining about an hour out of Seattle. By the summit of the Coquihalla it was a snowstorm. Rained again lower down, til once again we got higher in the Mountains. Decided to go on Hwy 1, as I had a guy from Red Deer with me, and we thought it might be better going through Calgary. Got stopped for a couple hours in Field, when a Truck flipped over. Then, from Calgary to Red Deer it had rained, then was snowing. People were sliding off of the road. Did about 20 km/h all the way to Red Deer! Worst I have ever seen that highway. My bike had water only, so it froze up, and broke the seal in the water pump. Then, the highway got closed in Red Deer. Slept on a crappy couch that night. One scary trip!
    Again, still remember it, and wouldn't trade it for anything. What a blast it was racing at that Track. Pretty cool. Lots of stories.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    SIR is now PIR (Pacific International Raceway) There might be some more pix on that site or in the pix archives of WMRRA site.